Hi
    I am coming from a Storm, as of just last week. Not sure if this has been asked before, but I did some searching on the subject. Does anyone or has anyone noticed coming from the original build that the 9850 came installed with, if any of the previous updates to the O/S resolved this, or does it not seem to be problem at all? Seems to me that I got much better volume on my storm 2, and even all the way up, the ringtones to me just dont seem as loud as they could or should be. Cant get the DM to update my phone as of this posting. I am just curious on anyones thoughts on this subject.
    Thanks
    10-20-11 05:46 PM
    my 9860 is alot louder in the earpiece than any other blackberry i ever owned. the external speaker is just a bit louder. this could be OS dependent, audio gains are not adjustable from our end like they were back in the days of hex-editing motorola phones.
    10-20-11 08:43 PM
    Hi
    I am coming from a Storm, as of just last week. Not sure if this has been asked before, but I did some searching on the subject. Does anyone or has anyone noticed coming from the original build that the 9850 came installed with, if any of the previous updates to the O/S resolved this, or does it not seem to be problem at all? Seems to me that I got much better volume on my storm 2, and even all the way up, the ringtones to me just dont seem as loud as they could or should be. Cant get the DM to update my phone as of this posting. I am just curious on anyones thoughts on this subject.
    Thanks
    Certain versions of the Storm 5.x OS really increased the volume. MOst of the higher volumes for ringers were distorted and/or overmodulated. It even blew my speaker and made my phone sound horrible on speaker phone or when ringing.

I do agree that the ringer on my 9850 has a lower volume capability, but the usuable difference between my storm and my 9850 is just the number that I set the ringer volume to. IN essence they are at the same volume, just a different number represents the volume on the two phones.

hope that helps.
    10-21-11 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD