I know this has probably been discussed but it's a big deal. I feel as if RIM hasn't produced anything beneficial for the torch in terms of cases other than the holsters. OB, CM, etc have decent cases but they always make my phone feel "loose" when you wiggle the front part of the phone. We need to tell RIM to go back to the drawing board and come up with some nice OEM cases! I'm incredibly jealous of the hard cases the 9900/30 have. We need some love too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 12:46 PM
    You should try the AGF GRT case for the Torch. People that have it love its durability and they say it takes care of any slider wiggle.
    09-08-11 02:38 PM
    Agf grt case adds a some bulk and takes away the style Just roll with the holster and you should be good to go.
    09-08-11 03:59 PM
    I just wish RIM would design cases like the hard cover cases for the 9900. We're so deprived!
    09-08-11 04:22 PM
    I'm not sure what you're talking about -- RIM has the holster and the leather pocket for the 9810, which is also all that it has for the 9900. It's really all that RIM has ever had for the past Bolds and Storms, for that matter. It makes no other case for the 9900. In fact, the 9810 also has the purse-like "folio" case, if that floats your boat, which the 9900 doesn't have.
    09-08-11 04:42 PM
    I didn't think RIM actually made cases.
    I know their devices use to come w/a pouch but I thought all "cases" were made by a 3rd party

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 10:40 PM
    I'm not sure what you're talking about -- RIM has the holster and the leather pocket for the 9810, which is also all that it has for the 9900.
    That's not exactly true. RIM has made some OEM hard and soft plastic shells for the 9900. However, I did try it once, and returned it to the store the next day. It's kind of crappy, especially compared to an Otterbox at the same price point.

The problem with the 9800/9810 is that it's just hard to make good cases for it due to its slider form factor. I've gone through the Otterbox Commuter, an OEM holster, and the AGF GRT case. The worst was the Commuter; the face plate wouldn't stay on, and the clip scuffed the bottom of my keyboard. The GRT was great, providing awesome protection, a solid built-in slider, as well as a bit of a bumper around the lock/sleep buttons on top that made them a little harder to accidentally press. The downside is that I don't find it that good looking, and the slider becomes a little stiffer.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 09-16-11 at 02:08 AM.
    09-16-11 02:06 AM
    ^I agree with you that it's mainly the form factor. I used to have a Torch 9800, and I could definitely see how it'd be difficult to make a solid case that also looks good because it is a slider. The AGF CRT made the phone too thick and too stiff. For me, it also made the feel of the keyboard even worse.
    09-17-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD