a question to the guys using the RIM BlackBerry Desktop Charge/Sync Pod, i have not found the answer searching through the forum.

When using the RIM BlackBerry Desktop Charge/Sync Pod, is it possible that the storm automatically goes into Bedside mode once it is plugged in?

Thanks
    Anderl
    04-28-09 09:40 AM
    yea, just open the clock app and then hit the BB button. Select options and there is a drop down menu for what to do when charging.
    04-28-09 10:05 AM
    yea, just open the clock app and then hit the BB button. Select options and there is a drop down menu for what to do when charging.
    Yup.. what he said...
    I have it disabled, cause it's annoying to go to sleep mode when charging in car or @ the puter...
    04-28-09 10:14 AM
    Thanks. I was thinking o buying an alarm clock or the charger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 10:44 AM
    I agree with xxfire, its annoying to have it set that way. I don't want it going into bedside mode when Im charging my Storm in the car.

You may want to think about that before changing your settings anderl72..
    04-28-09 01:07 PM
    I wish there was a setting for it to go into bedside mode at a certain time when it's plugged in..

Still, in its current implementation, the bedside mode is WAY TOO BRIGHT!! There should be a setting to allow us to determine how bright bedside mode is. 1/4 of what it is now would work for me!
    04-28-09 01:58 PM
    I wish there was a setting for it to go into bedside mode at a certain time when it's plugged in..
    That would be a nice feature

Still, in its current implementation, the bedside mode is WAY TOO BRIGHT!! There should be a setting to allow us to determine how bright bedside mode is. 1/4 of what it is now would work for me!
    I fully agree .... I wonder if both can be achieved with a custom profile or a 3rd party application out there?!
    04-29-09 04:02 AM

Gnome:
    Make sure your options are actually set to automatically "enter bedside mode" rather than just "show clock". If it is, and you place the phone in the bedside stand, it should dim significantly after about 15 - 30 seconds. Just because the clock appears when you put it in the stand does not mean its actually in bedside mode. It took me a while to realize this. When I first got the phone I was annoyed by the shadow the clock cast in my bedroom at night. Once I correctly set the option, and the phone dims, there is no shadow cast at night.

Now, if I could just figure out how to turn off the email alerts in bedside mode without shutting off the phone's radio.......
    04-29-09 06:42 AM
    Gnome:

Now, if I could just figure out how to turn off the email alerts in bedside mode without shutting off the phone's radio.......
    I use an application called Toysoft Profiler that allows me to set different Sound Profiles according to time. As an example, I have it set to automatically change to Phone Calls Only from 11:00pm to 7:00am. No more email notifications in the middle of the night but I can still receive phone calls. I also have it set up to go to Vibrate Only for regularly scheduled meetings at work.

-Steven
    Last edited by swong13; 04-29-09 at 11:09 AM.
    04-29-09 11:05 AM
    I created a custom "bedtime" sound profile on my phone, I set it to turn off all LCD and sound alerts but still allow phone calls to use sound in case of a family emergency.. this is the easiest way to control what you hear and dont hear while your Storm is in the charging pod..
    04-29-09 11:53 AM

There is a built in sound profile called "Phone Calls Only" that disables all sounds except for the phone ringer. Click the speaker icon on the home screen to quickly change your sound profiles.
    04-29-09 12:44 PM
    I created a custom "bedtime" sound profile on my phone, I set it to turn off all LCD and sound alerts but still allow phone calls to use sound in case of a family emergency.. this is the easiest way to control what you hear and dont hear while your Storm is in the charging pod..
    That's exactly what I did, great minds must think alike!
    04-29-09 12:46 PM
    I just switch to phone only mode.
    04-29-09 12:52 PM
    I'll try the phone only mode.
    Thanks all!
    04-29-09 10:20 PM
    I've been using "phone calls only" while in bedside mode for a few months and it works perfectly. The phone still rings, but no LED flasing or binging... except the alarm clock too early in the morning!
    04-29-09 10:41 PM
    I agree with xxfire, its annoying to have it set that way. I don't want it going into bedside mode when Im charging my Storm in the car.
    It all boils down to which is the lesser of two evils to you - a few clicks to turn on clock mode when you want it (unless you assign it to a side button) or one click to turn off the clock when you don't.

Neither is right or wrong - just a personal preference.
    04-29-09 10:45 PM
    I, personally, have the option on that turns off the radio. It is a personal phone so I guess I'll give mt berry a break. I love my dock. It was well worth the money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD