Just taken delivery of a lovely RexRegina leather case and what a beauty it is aswell. It just oozes class.

The only problem is it stated quite clearly that the case puts the blackberry to sleep !

My one does'nt

Does anyone else have one of these cases and having the problem where it doesnt put the blackberry to sleep when inserted into the case ?
    12-23-08 02:01 PM
    pix please for us who have yet to buy one. thanks
    12-23-08 02:05 PM
    hmmm, i'm pretty sure these rexregina cases were originally designed for curve/8800 series devices. i've found that my curve cases dont' work with my storm. i think the sensor on the device is in a different location. that may be the reason why the rexregina case is not putting it to sleep.
    12-23-08 02:06 PM
    Those cases appear to be a bit out of my price range. Their website did not show a Storm case.
    12-23-08 02:09 PM
    the case doesn't put my bbry to sleep either. as a matter of fact it sucks the life out of the battery. beautiful but not functional. i don't use it!
    12-23-08 02:11 PM
    I am using the Blackberry case designed for the 8830 World Phone and it works great the magnet is slightly lower but still sleeps the phone
    12-23-08 02:11 PM
    try placing your storm outside of the case, and moving it around till it falls asleep. i beleive in the storm the sensor is towards the middle/top of the phone.
    12-23-08 02:15 PM
    RR makes a nice case... gotta agree with Asylvia.

I have a case fetish I think: also check out the offerings from Sena and Piel Frama. I love Piel Frama.

Asylvia, post some picks when you get a chance...
    12-23-08 02:28 PM
    Any ideas why the case drains the battery ?
    Is there a way to put the Storm to sleep easily before putting into the case.
    Thanks for all your replies by the way.
    12-24-08 02:48 AM
    Does Sena case magnetic clip put phone to sleep?
    01-02-09 01:39 PM
    Does Sena case magnetic clip put phone to sleep?
    Yes it does

SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY STORM CASES

Last edited by Jascias; 01-02-09 at 01:49 PM.
    01-02-09 01:46 PM
    Now thats custom! that should appease many of the people who want this phone covered up.
    Does that flap pivot all the way around and magnetically fasten to the back side of the phone? I like that level protection!
    Last edited by Quanius; 01-02-09 at 02:45 PM.
    01-02-09 02:39 PM
    [QUOTE=Jascias;1317453]Yes it does.

Those Sena cases look nice. Does the ultra slim or the vertical pouch sleep the Storm? I think I must have a case fetish too, like someone else said. I feel like I have to have one. But what's up with the OEM storm case that leaves a ton of the phone hanging out? No way I'd buy that. The free Verizon leather case that came with the Curve was awesome. I want something like that for the Storm -- what's everyone's opinion on the best solution? Must sleep the phone, would like the phone all the way covered.

Thanks!!
    01-04-09 12:40 PM
    the case doesn't put my bbry to sleep either. as a matter of fact it sucks the life out of the battery.
    That does not make any sense. A leather case does not have the scientific properties to deplete a battery. There is no way that a case is responsible for your battery draining. If anything, it is because it does not put your phone to sleep, therefore keeping your display on slightly longer.

Not putting your device to sleep and actively draining your battery are quite different and you are providing inaccurate information to the BlackBerry users who are genuinely seeking advice for their devices.

Educate yourself.
    01-06-09 02:25 PM
    I had the same issue with a Rex Regina case as well. It is an awesome looking case and I loved it straight out of the box but it did not put my berry to sleep. I called crackberry and they admitted that is was not designed for the Storm and refunded my money right away. I did however fight to get my originaly shipping credited back because I didn't feel it was my fault their description was not accurate and it didn't perform a significant function. They eventually relented and refunded the original shipping. They told me they didn't have any idea if they were going to redesign the case to put the Storm to sleep.
    01-06-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD