My last case review was with my Blackberry Torch 9800 and comparing 2 types of lighter weight cases. This reveiew will be looking at the Torch and the protection from a Seidio Innocase Active.

I have been using my Seidio Innocase Surface Combo for several months now and have good protection. Now with the Seidio Innocase Active, I am able to feel more at ease incase my phone was to take a drop or a dive!

I have taken some photos and posted them below. This case is a mix of 3 pieces. The first is a soft gel/silicone feeling piece that the phone rests into covering the back of the phone. The second piece is a hard molded plastic piece that locks in the silicone piece. Now I was impressed with the design of the 2nd piece as I have looked at a lot of cases and have seen how hard it is for them to address protection and the moving slider of the Torch!

The 3rd piece is the top bezel cover. This has been a favorite of mine since I found how easily an earlier case I tried bezel cover kept popping off. That was due to it only have 2 pieces that hold it on. The Seidio Innocase Active top bezel cover has a total of 6! 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom and one on each side. This makes it very strong! Big plus for me!

The volume and side convenience buttons are covered and the audio port is open on the first side. Across the top it is completely covered! I like the design on this also due to the fact that the tope and bottom corner have the more rubberized protection, plus the top corners do not stick up very high as in other cases I have tried a few months ago! Along the other side is the open charging port. Now I know that a lot of people like to have this covered, but with other cases that have covered these ports they do not stay in very well and end up being more of a pain/annoyance. I read one comment before about the charging port not having enough room to fit the micro USB charger, it works great and fits nicely!

As with any of the Torch cases that have the top bezel piece, you do lose a small amount of play area around your trackpad and the buttons, but for the protection it is worth it!

One of the best factors is the feeling of the overall case in your hand. It is solid, yet has the rubbery texture that Seidio is known for and does not feel like it is going to slip out of your hand. I think that Seidio has done a great job with the design of this case and I am going to continue using this everyday!

I need to order the holster now!

Please feel free to ask questions and I will try to respond as quickly as possible!
    Last edited by Zach7; 02-17-11 at 11:18 PM.
    02-17-11 09:10 PM
    Few more photos.......
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    02-17-11 09:12 PM
    Last few.....
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    02-17-11 09:14 PM
    looking good!
    02-17-11 11:39 PM
    Thank you!
    02-18-11 01:07 AM
    I have it and love it!
    02-18-11 11:16 AM
    I am super happy with the fact that the gel part touches the device! Keeps it from scratching! Now I am just eager to get the holster! That will complete the overall use nicely!
    02-18-11 12:14 PM
    How is the sliding? Can you open the slider easily with one hand?

EDIT: Will this work with an InvisibleShield Full Body kit?

EDIT2: How would you compare this case to OtterBox?
    Last edited by feelmyice; 02-28-11 at 03:25 PM.
    02-28-11 02:33 PM
    I have it and love it!
    +1

The look, the feel and the protection is great!
    02-28-11 03:30 PM
    The sliding is a little bit harder than with no case, but that is expected. I am not sure it if will work with an invisible shield, but you can email them off the website and they are pretty good about responding. seidioonline.com

I tried the otterbox commuter for my Torch and did not like it at all. I kept having the side ports open up and the top buttons kept being pressed in. Otterbox also was not helpful with fixing problems. They basically said it was a hard phone to make a case for, which I understand, but they were not going to look into it any further.

Over all I have enjoyed using the case so far and having the great protection.
    02-28-11 03:31 PM
    Have you ever experienced the front piece popping off?

(like the useless otterbox case does)
    03-01-11 10:10 AM
    I'm curious as to how the bezel piece clips on? Does it clip over the existing bezel(ala the otterbox where it forces the 2 halves of the phone apart because it clips on the phone and not to itself like the AGF case)? In one of your pics it looks as though the slider is forced open from the case. It looks as though there is a lot of space between the top and bottom pieces of the phone itself with the full case on.
    03-01-11 10:16 AM
    Have you ever experienced the front piece popping off?

(like the useless otterbox case does)
    I have not had any trouble with the top bezel at all. The sides and top all have pieces that attach and keep it very snug. I also tried the ottterbox and had problems with the top bezel as well as other problems. I enjoy this case a lot!
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    03-01-11 10:32 AM
    I'm curious as to how the bezel piece clips on? Does it clip over the existing bezel(ala the otterbox where it forces the 2 halves of the phone apart because it clips on the phone and not to itself like the AGF case)? In one of your pics it looks as though the slider is forced open from the case. It looks as though there is a lot of space between the top and bottom pieces of the phone itself with the full case on.
    The bezel clips on with 2 clips on the top, 2 clips on the bottom and one on each side. I know the picture isn't the best, but it doesn't push up my screen at all. I saw the way the AGF case has it's own sliding system and doesn't attach to the phone. I haven't had any trouble with the case pushing the phone apart from each other. The clips are not in places where they would touch each other (top piece and bottom piece clips) and the case is open more on the sides so it appears in the photos as having a larger gap.

Overall it has been a great case to use! The protection of the corners being rubber is very helpful as well.
    03-01-11 10:39 AM
    interesting to know, thanks for the update.
    03-01-11 10:46 AM
    interesting to know, thanks for the update.
    No problem. Glad I could help answer some questions!
    03-01-11 10:50 AM
    When i can upgrade again in June I will have to check this case out. Had the AGF case and although its a great case I didn't like the extra bulk and how it was harder to type on the top row of keys.
    03-01-11 10:51 AM
    Also check out the Seidio Innocase Surface. A thinner version of the Active case. I switch back to this case when I don't need the extra protection.

Here is the review of that case:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/sei...photos-547390/
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    03-01-11 10:59 AM
    got the active and am happy with it! froze the phone once, stretched out the inner lining a bit, now its working fine.
    03-07-11 07:12 PM
    Glad to hear! I am using this as well and like it very much!
    03-21-11 10:56 AM
    SO I got both my Active and GRT cases today.

My phone is currently in the GRT case.

I had it in the Active, and I have already had one of the clips for the top piece break off on me. I tried following the instructions too...I also didn't care for how it sat at the bottom, how much it pushed the screen up.
    03-21-11 11:09 AM
    SO I got both my Active and GRT cases today.

My phone is currently in the GRT case.

I had it in the Active, and I have already had one of the clips for the top piece break off on me. I tried following the instructions too...I also didn't care for how it sat at the bottom, how much it pushed the screen up.
    I'm sorry to hear about that! Can you PM me your order information so that we can try to help?
    03-22-11 11:59 AM
    One question. Is the frame part that fits around the slide up screen going to break after a couple of days use?

I have had two OtterBox Commuter cases and that part broke without me ever once dropping my Phone.

Now using the Incipio FeatherWeight. That frame part broke after only three days use. I still haven't dropped my phone. I super-glued it back together while I continue my search for a case that won't won't just disintegrate on my.

Peace...
    03-22-11 10:39 PM
    One question. Is the frame part that fits around the slide up screen going to break after a couple of days use?

I have had two OtterBox Commuter cases and that part broke without me ever once dropping my Phone.

Now using the Incipio FeatherWeight. That frame part broke after only three days use. I still haven't dropped my phone. I super-glued it back together while I continue my search for a case that won't won't just disintegrate on my.

Peace...
    I have 2 otterbox cases, a seidio active case and an AGF case. if you are looking for one where the front won't pop off, go for the AGF case. I haven't had it long, but it sticks to itself not the phone, and seems difficult to take apart!

there are a couple issues with the AGF case - power plug isn't useable without modifying the cord, and there is no silicone inside the case, but it sticks together and on the case!
    03-22-11 11:40 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about that! Can you PM me your order information so that we can try to help?
    I must say that I'm impressed with seidio's customer service...
    03-23-11 02:41 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD