So I have been hoping for a net sub-$40 deal on a 16gb card. I also was hoping for Sandisk as they are the standard bearer. I constantly monitor Amazon hoping that eventually Amazon comes up as a seller (they rotate their sellers and I just don't trust some of the sellers). You could purchase sub-$40 from these sellers, but then you have anywhere from $3-$7 shipping.

Anyways, I also periodically check Newegg. Haven't seen much product there. As it turns out, I guess it is all in how you search.

If you search for "16gb micro sd", you get a small handfull of results, and no Sandisk results.

But if you search for "16gb Sandisk", one of your results is the following retail packaged 16gb class 2 card:

Newegg.com - SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model SDSDQ-016G-A11M - Flash Memory

And, free shipping to boot.

So a net cost of $44.99 for a Sandisk from a reputable (IMHO) seller who I have used before with no problems whatsoever.

Maybe not what folks will consider a super hot deal or anything, but good enough for me.

My daughter will be happy since I told her once I found a good price on a 16gb that she can have the old 2gb card I have in my old LG enV (wanting to keep the card that came in my BB Tour as a backup).
    11-09-09 08:39 AM
    So mine should arrive in today's mail. I look forward to it.

Anyone else order one?
    11-12-09 08:10 AM
    little to high priced/don't think i need a 16gb card...but like you I'm constantly on the search for a deal on a bigger SD card.

another great site for deals is Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) only one thing for sale a day but just picked up a samsung wep470?? (i think that's the model) for 25$ shipped with a 20$ mail in rebate!! 5$ for a bluetooth i'll take that any day
    11-12-09 03:07 PM
    I didn't think it was too high priced. And borrowing a comment from the 32gb card thread.....

I look at it as a good solid 16gb mp3 player for $40. Oh, and it's a BB too.
    11-13-09 10:17 AM
    sorry i didn't explain that the way i wanted lol

what i meant was a little high priced for my needs...for that size card no not at all, i just don't really need a 16GB card i have all my music on a 4 GB Ipod Mini which i leave in the car...so i'm on the hunt for a great deal on 8 GB card for the phone so I could put all my music and a few movies
    11-15-09 06:20 PM
    Oh, that makes sense.

My card did come over the weekend. I put just over 10gb of music on it. That was about the space I thought I would need to get my favorite artists and CDs on there. Sure, it's only about 25% of my entire collection, but it is my most important (to me) part of my collection.

BTW, as has been noted in other threads, when you dump that much music on a card on a BB, expect some lag for a bit while the BB indexes all of the music.
    11-16-09 07:07 AM
    Thanks for that bit of knowledge about indexing and some lag had not read that before!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 05:11 PM
    np.

11-18-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD