I have several contacts with specific ringtones, actual songs on my BB. However, I removed some of the songs and now those contacts are using a default ringer, but not my set ringtone.

So the real problem is I want to reset everything so that EVERY contact has the current ringtone I've set. The contacts that I never set a special ringtone for all respect the ringtone I have currently set.

Is there a way to do this so when I change my ringtone it changes for everyone and not just the contacts who I haven't set a custom ringtone for? Can I reset all contacts ringtones so that next time I set a ringtone it works for all? Thanks.
    06-29-09 12:01 PM
    If I understand correct you want all contacts to have the ringtone that you set for the profile. It that is correct you just have to remove the contact ringetone. Once that is done whatever ringer you have set to the profile all call will ring in that tone.

I hope that I answered your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 12:22 PM
    I have to remove the contact ringtone for all whose ringtones are set to default?

How do I do this? I have gone into my contacts folder and into edit one of these contacts, but there is no such option.

All I see is the option to change the custom ringtone for that individual.
    06-29-09 02:33 PM
    I should mention I never set up a custom profile for my phone ringtone. All I did was choose a ringtone, I know there are custom profiles and such but I have never used these.
    06-29-09 02:34 PM
    I also would like to know if there is a way to do this? Reset any custom ringtone/message alert back to default for a specific contact?

When I go to edit a contact, I can select "active profile" for the volume, LED and vibrate settings; but can't change the actual tone to "active profile" or "default", which is what I'd like to be able to do. Granted, I could always just change it to the same I use as the default tone, but then if change my default, the tones set for these contacts doesn't also change. Anyone know if you can do this? I was thinking I might just delete the contacts and re-sync...?
    07-21-09 11:04 AM
    I also would like to know if there is a way to do this? Reset any custom ringtone/message alert back to default for a specific contact?

When I go to edit a contact, I can select "active profile" for the volume, LED and vibrate settings; but can't change the actual tone to "active profile" or "default", which is what I'd like to be able to do. Granted, I could always just change it to the same I use as the default tone, but then if change my default, the tones set for these contacts doesn't also change. Anyone know if you can do this? I was thinking I might just delete the contacts and re-sync...?
    Anyone have an answer for this yet?
    I have the exact same issue as the following thread and I cannot understand how you cannot make a default ringer to apply to all your contacts...I would like to be able to change my ringtone at any time and have that ringtone apply to all contacts instead of going into each contact and setting the ringtone...
    08-04-09 08:08 PM
    go to Profiles, scroll down and you'll see the names of the contacts for which you assigned custom ringtones, choose (highlight) the person you want to remove the custom ringtone, click menu and then delete. Do that with each and every contact you had set up a custom ringtone and now you want to remove it. there you're done!

hope this resolves your issue.
    fufu_13 likes this.
    08-13-09 06:56 PM
    Your solution is perfect!

But it only solves half my problem...

Is there a way to only set the message alert for a contact but not change the default of the phone/call alert?
    08-18-09 09:45 PM
    I have a similar problem. I have a Bold 9700, and I set a custom ringtone for a contact, and noticed that it played the tone even when I set the phone to vibrate only. So, I checked and saw that it was set to play always. I've changed this to 'Active Profile' but even on vibrate only, the tone still plays. Can anyone help, because I was under the assumption that once all alerts are set to vibrate in general, then even custom tones don't play.

At least, that's how it worked in my other phones...
    03-21-10 12:50 PM
    I have a similar problem. I have a Bold 9700, and I set a custom ringtone for a contact, and noticed that it played the tone even when I set the phone to vibrate only. So, I checked and saw that it was set to play always. I've changed this to 'Active Profile' but even on vibrate only, the tone still plays. Can anyone help, because I was under the assumption that once all alerts are set to vibrate in general, then even custom tones don't play.

At least, that's how it worked in my other phones...
    Never mind, y'all. I figured it out. Skidoosh.
    03-21-10 12:54 PM
    I have similar question can you reset the normal profile to defaults? I changes alerts for all the events but wanna go back to the default alerts is this possible easily?
    03-22-10 01:48 AM
    does any of you no how i cn resolve this? i go on my profiles click edit and it doesnt do anyfin i want to change my bb n tex tone but i cnt????
    01-02-11 04:49 PM
    Anyone have an answer for this yet?
    I have the exact same issue as the following thread and I cannot understand how you cannot make a default ringer to apply to all your contacts...I would like to be able to change my ringtone at any time and have that ringtone apply to all contacts instead of going into each contact and setting the ringtone...
    I have the same problem with my BB 9900. I uploaded all the contacts from my old 9700, and all the contacts have now received an assigned ringtone, which I cant remove. None of these contacts are listed in the "sounds for contacts" list, so I also cant remove them there.

Even if I wanted to manually change all my contacts, I still cannot remove the ringtone and have those contacts use the active profile, I can only choose a new ringtone per each contact....

Help...
    05-08-12 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD