hi, i recieved a msg with the link to the ring tone. while attempting to download it a request entity too large error appears any suggestions
    10-17-07 02:02 PM
    I too had this error, and found many forums claiming the issue was with the BES my BlackBerry is attached too. However I knew my previous device (8703) had been attached to the same BES and was able to download files of this size without issue.

After working with Tech Support with RIM (via Tmobile) here is what worked for me:

-Options>Advanced Options (Wrench Icon)>Browser: Make default Browser 'Internet Browser'
    -Load browser>browser options>Cache Operations: Clear all the Cache

Then downloading full MP3s worked for me!
    11-27-07 03:07 PM
    This totally worked for me!!! Thanks!
    03-08-08 03:41 PM
    Thanks for your help - Google directed me to you and you helped me get my batman theme song ringtone - you rock!
    03-22-08 07:32 PM
    There was a hit under the BB forums as well relating to BES operation. But I used the fix from this post and it worked for me! Somewhere along the line I changed the default browser to Blackberry instead of Internet... so my BES was not cranked down as tight as I thought...

See the BES related issue below:

www<dot>blackberryforums<dot>com.au/forums/general-bes-discussion/284-request-entity-too-large<dot>html

Request Entity Too Large - BlackBerry Forums
    10-30-08 04:12 PM
    This worked amazing for me, thanks for this post!
    03-27-09 11:33 AM
    As mentioned the reason you get that message is because of the setting on the BES server and a work around is to use the Internet Browser (or any other Web browser).

This works because instead of you are now accessing the internet directly through the current carrier you're connected to instead of it being "proxied" through your BES server.

What this means is that you are now accessing data outside of what your Blackberry Tariff and charged at the carriers rates. (If you're roaming you may be in for a nasty surprise!).
    05-02-09 06:47 AM
    The change at the BES console worked for me. I have our users Blackberry's locked down so they cannot change their default browser.
    06-29-09 02:36 PM
    I thought this was hopeless, did the BES change and gave up. Did the default browser change and I am in business! Thanks!
    07-20-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD