Is there a way to remove the default wallpapers and add new ones to the phones default location?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 11:30 AM
    You should be able to delete them when using the "add/remove" portion of the desktop manager or another managing software like "BBSAK". i have removed several options from my phone to free up the memory for other applications. Just load the new things onto the device. its not going to "replace" the default, just give you that space for something else.
    09-10-10 11:47 AM
    Sure us bbsak rocks, same here, I remove junk as well like videos and such. You can try to delete the lock papErs via usb just make sure u set ur other ones in there as well.

09-11-10 10:37 AM
    Question is why? There is no memory issue on the Torch. I completely agree about removing applications and services you have no intentions of using but that's all you need to do on the Torch.

09-11-10 10:47 AM
    Well me personally I don't like stuff everyone got, and ever since I moved over to bb I was always wAnt to keep my ppc sounds and such so my bb is a bb but with a ppc side only better. This way when u clean out ur sure to get maximum performance. As time goes by u will start to feed a drag. Its a machine and I treat it the same way all machines need to be treated. Keep it clean it will always perform. Keep it junky it will slow down from time to time.

09-11-10 10:57 AM
    I agree about non-essentail unused applications but ringtones and videos only taking up a little space is no big deal on the Torch or 9700 for that matter. It is no different than a video you take or a ringtone you create that just sits in storage (device or sd card). Now on the 9k where application space is a premium, now you are talking strip her bare bones.

09-11-10 11:14 AM
    On 4 Torch(s) the wallpaper cod. file doesn't come up when scanned with MCP or BBSAK - also didn't work on an evaluation device either.
    When you take the cod files out of the java folder and reload the OS the device still has the wallpapers. This is also true for the tutorial videos. As of now the only thing I've been able to remove are the ringtones.

Instead of options can someone reply that's actually removed the files??

09-13-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD