This is my first post on here. I put a Body Glove case on my Storm this morning and am having zero luck trying to get it back off. I'm beginning to think the two sides fused together or something. What makes it even more embarassing is that I work at a VZW retailer who sells these things. Anyone have any advice? I tried bodyglove.com to look for faqs or something but apparently they don't provide support for any of their products...

Thanks!
    02-26-09 01:11 PM
    This is my first post on here. I put a Body Glove case on my Storm this morning and am having zero luck trying to get it back off. I'm beginning to think the two sides fused together or something. What makes it even more embarassing is that I work at a VZW retailer who sells these things. Anyone have any advice? I tried bodyglove.com to look for faqs or something but apparently they don't provide support for any of their products...

Thanks!
    A hammer!

Do you like the case ...other than not being able to get it off?
    03-01-09 07:14 PM
    A hammer!

Do you like the case ...other than not being able to get it off?

hehe... more like a bazuka!

i just got this case for my new storm.. im able to learn how to use the whole phone and still not know how to get this thing off.

its like he mentions... "as if it fuses"

any1?
    04-01-09 07:22 AM
    Is this their snap on hard case?
    If so... it should just unsnap apart (just be careful of the thin plastic tabs on the top of the case... they're prone to breaking off).
    04-04-09 01:40 AM
    Is this their snap on hard case?
    If so... it should just unsnap apart (just be careful of the thin plastic tabs on the top of the case... they're prone to breaking off).

mine is the snap on hard case with an excellent rubberized grip.

but very true about those small tabs inside. i still dont know how to remove, or as you suggest "unsnap" the two sections apart from each other without harming the small tabs.

it seems as there are no access points or a safety release.. any tips?
    04-14-09 03:51 PM
    I Don't mean to necro-post... But-

I got this same case for my curve and I can't get it off!!!

This thing is like fort knox!

04-16-09 01:09 PM
    Read the directions. It states once you put it on that is it. There is an adhesive where the case closes that seals it shut, therefore a body glove. Sorry.

j/k
    04-16-09 01:33 PM
    Read the directions. It states once you put it on that is it. There is an adhesive where the case closes that seals it shut, therefore a body glove. Sorry.

j/k

hehe. you might feel you're joking - but you really could be right! hehe
    04-16-09 03:46 PM
    I finally figured out how to get this case off my Storm....after the people at the Verizon store failed miserably and scratched the **** out of the sides/bezel.

DISCLAIMER: IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE, SELF, PROPERTY, OR ANYONE/ANYTHING ELSE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY WHILE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

Here it is...drum roll please....

Take a small flat screwdriver (as in micro/jeweler screwdriver!) and insert it between the two case sections JUST to the inside (towards the center) of either the Lock or Mute button holes.

Push down slightly and then pry the BACK section of the case up and away from the FRONT section (you should be pushing the handle of the screwdriver towards the front of the phone).

Once the clip opens, stick a coin in between the case pieces near the released clip and then do the other side. Once the two top clips are free....the rest is easy.

Good luck!

NOTE: If you stick the screwdriver in you just to the inside of either the Lock or Mute button holes you will hit the clip and not scratch up the phone - unless you go all postal on the thing, of course!

Now, I gotta go back to the Verizon store and get them to replace my bezel.....
    06-05-09 08:56 PM
    THANK YOU! That worked like a charm. I was about to take wire clippers to it.

I wonder how many scars your glove got before you figured that out?

Anyway, thanks again.

Michael
    07-12-09 07:53 PM
    thats awesome if it really works
    07-13-09 04:33 PM
    thanks for the instruction...just joined to let you know i had an easier time prying open at opposite corners of the 'glove'. guess it depends on the phone model and cut of individual covers. i have the 8330 Curve....

big help....thanks again!!
    07-19-09 10:30 PM
    Old joke..(Bob Newhart to the bomb disposal team via 2 way) "Do you have a x436 plastic hadled small jewlers .2 flat head tweaker with a non-magnetized alloy head?"...."No?" "How about a dime?" -- I used a quarter... just slip it under the back cover beside the mute button up top and give her a twist... be gentle.
    08-18-09 08:45 AM
    I'm in Charlotte NC and read these posts last night..I even went so far as to get the 877 number for body glove...I went to a mall today in Charlotte and in the corridor was a vendor called ALL CELL...of course I approached him and knowing he could not do it..I asked if he could remove the body glove from the CURVE..as he started I told him of all the post I had read and had my hand out to get the Blackberry back and he handed me the CASE....within 15 to 20 seconds he had removed it totally..NO CHARGE and said he's worked in this area for 9 years and he knows how to get it off...I took it home..installed my memory and put the case back on..Case closed..sorta..

As I left, I said, can you show me how you did that and he said politely, NO!!!

Good luck, but the end of the story is this..It can be removed and not be broken and reinstalled..
    11-23-09 09:59 PM
    I have this case for my 8330. After a little head-scratching, I figured out a way to get it off fairly easily. Just pry outward and down on the back half, near the volume buttons. This will get the corner unclipped. then work your way around the case. Some people have said using a coin helps (put it in the opening & twist).

I have no experience with this case on any other model, but I suspect it would work on any of these cases.
    11-24-09 05:50 AM
    The smallest piece of the 2 part Body Glove has small locking tabs on all sides of the Tour. Start at the top of Tour on either side is a tab. Press in to the crease at a tab location and pull firmly up on the smallest Body Glove piece - the tab should eventually release which will then allow you to work around the tour releasing the tabs ans separating the 2 Body Glove pieces. My wife has nails and she did it for me!
    11-27-09 10:41 PM
    I use a precision flat head screwdriver; take care not to squish the rubber-like material towards the clasps. Other than that, it works wonders; hold the case next to, or towards the light, and you'll see the light reflecting on the clasps in between the body glove
    12-11-09 11:03 AM
    I found that using a basic butterknife from the kitchen and prying the back open worked very quickly and easily. This helped me to clean the cover and remove the grime that builds up between the cover and the BB screen.
    01-14-10 02:26 PM
    I joined this to share an easy way to remove the body glove. I had the same problems discussed here. I was so frustrated because I have found out that I need to do the occasional battery pull so the removal has to be easy. The person I bought it from did the whole process of inserting a dime in and going around gently prying it open. It was a real pain and marred the coating on the case. I guess I was a fortunate person, but I got ahold of someone at Body Glove who gave me this method of removing the body glove and it works like a charm:
    TO REMOVE CASE:

1. Insert thumb into top center opening
    2. Hold the bottom of case with other hand
    3. Firmly apply pressure toward the back of the case with thumb until the front and back have separated
    4. Pull to remove back cover

I hope this helps and removes alot of frustration.
    02-14-10 06:11 PM
    Hey Lemo... it worked like a champ... Thanks!!!
    05-27-10 09:11 AM
    Wow, looked for the answer and here it was
    05-28-10 07:08 AM
    I called Body Glove and the lady was VERY helpful. It doesn't make sense when you read this, but it makes sense when you DO it.

So that you don't damage the phone, do this over a table so in case you drop the phone or it slips, it won't have far to go.

The trick is to push off the back rather than try to pull off the front!

Hold the phone face down in your left hand. With your right hand, put your thumb at the bottom of the back part of the case and firmly push towards one of the two top corners. As you push the case out toward the corner, the plastic clip will let go and you can gently lift up a corner. Do the same for the opposite corner and VIOLA! It's open!
    06-17-10 04:25 PM
    Thank you so much! I used small flathead screwdriver that was a little larger than one for eyeglasses and pryed open my case so easily without damaging my phone. My Mom and I had tried on our own without success and I said I would Google it. Found Crackberry.com and had to join. Thank you again!
    08-27-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD