So what's your general feeling about the Commuter vs. the Impact?

I like the look of the commuter much better. The impact is less expensive. What do you lose? I can see the different look, but what would push someone to get the impact instead of the commuter, besides cost?
    07-21-10 03:44 PM
    I have only had the impact, but by looking @ pictures the commuter looks to be a little more rugged, you wont be dissapointed either way though, that I can assure you!
    07-21-10 03:48 PM
    Rugged, but a more uniform look, whereas in the impact, you see more....er....odd shapes (IMHO).
    07-21-10 03:53 PM
    Good way to put it, they don't make a bad case so I have a feeling you will be happy with your choice whatever it may be
    07-21-10 03:57 PM
    And again, thanks for helping this 44 yo old-fart come to a decision. Man, I really have gotten indecisive in my ...er....."old age".....
    07-21-10 03:59 PM
    Anytime, here to help. Let us know how it works out
    07-21-10 04:36 PM
    Well, I was willing to settle for a bit less fit and purchased the Commuter for the Tour from Otterbox for about half price. It does not fit the usb port all that well and so I dremelled a bit. The rubber gasket is a not a good fit but - 1/2 price.

It is not quite as easy to remove as a silicone shell. You have the out plastic frame which needs to be levered off a bit and then the rubber inside like a silicone shell - it is kind of a Defender in reverse.

With some tweaking and depending on your "hobby" skills you could probably mate the charging pod and the Commuter encrusted BB. Especially if the pod only supports from below and makes contact from the back.
    07-21-10 05:36 PM
    Well, I was willing to settle for a bit less fit and purchased the Commuter for the Tour from Otterbox for about half price. It does not fit the usb port all that well and so I dremelled a bit. The rubber gasket is a not a good fit but - 1/2 price.

It is not quite as easy to remove as a silicone shell. You have the out plastic frame which needs to be levered off a bit and then the rubber inside like a silicone shell - it is kind of a Defender in reverse.

With some tweaking and depending on your "hobby" skills you could probably mate the charging pod and the Commuter encrusted BB. Especially if the pod only supports from below and makes contact from the back.
    So the commuter doesn't come off as simply as the Impact, thank you for that clarification, much appreciated
    07-21-10 05:43 PM
    That being said, I think I will go for the commuter. IF I get it, I am doing it knowing that my Seidio charging dock will be put away for a while, with just the wall charger staying behind.

I had said above I might wait to order to see if I win on the next contest, but I will probably just order tomorrow and if I do win, I can work a trade with someone.......
    07-21-10 10:29 PM
    Take a look on crackberry shop. If you don't it yourself, pls follow here crackberry.com/blackberry-curve-8530-cases.htm

Hope that help.
    07-22-10 03:25 AM
    Ok, so I was getting ready to order a Commuter for my 9650 from Amazon and add a $.09 o-ring to get their free super saver shipping (total of $25.07).

Then on a whim I checked Newegg. Guess what, the Commuter for the Bold 9650 is on sale there for $21.99 and with free shipping.

Newegg.com - Otter Box RBB4-9650S-20-C5OTR Black Commuter Series Case For BlackBerry Bold 9650

In fact, if you search on "Otterbox" at newegg, many of the cases are "on sale" and with free shipping:

Newegg.com - Cell Phones,OtterBox,Cell Phone Accessories

And often with NewEgg, I get stuff in one or two days tops as I think one of their big warehouses is in NJ and stuff gets to MA quickly.

Going to order from NewEgg now!
    07-22-10 09:06 AM
    Ordered......
    07-22-10 09:12 AM
    I'd go with the case from Epik if I were you, its less then 10 dollars and a solid product.
    07-22-10 10:17 PM
    You can check out the Epik case. I have it on 8530 really like also has a holster for it not bulky at all as I've had the otter box defender which is way to bulky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 11:40 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD