I was hoping that someone could recommend a good silicon case for my curve 8530. I am currently not using anything because they all seem too bulky. I love how the curve is not as bulky as it used to be and how it fits in my hand. I'm looking for something that's as flush to the device as possible. I had one but found it to be uncomfortable to use the keyboard, especially in the bottom corners of the keyboard. Thanks everyone!
    07-21-10 07:56 AM
    I think your best bet would be the casemate barley there. I have three of them for two different devices and there great. They dont offer full device protection, but they protect a good deal of the phone, and they add almost nothing to the phone they are so small. Ive tried a ton of cases and they all seem to bulky but the casemate barley there. Give it a try, its a great case.
    07-21-10 08:17 AM
    Otterbox Impact or commuter, both excellent cases and they don't add a ton of bulk
    07-21-10 08:17 AM
    How about a skin from skin it or decal girl. They would provide stylish protection, and they are not bulky at all. But personally on my tour i use a casemate barley there.
    07-21-10 08:23 AM
    Thanks everyone!! Dumb question but what's the difference between a skin and the silicon case? I'll do a search for these cases but is there somewhere that you recommend going?
    07-21-10 08:36 AM
    I just cecked out casemate barely there and it seems to be what I'm looking for. However, it doesn't appear that the top and the bottom of the curve is protected which aside from the corners would be more prone to damage. Give me you input if you have this case please.
    07-21-10 08:45 AM
    Otterbox Impact or commuter, both excellent cases and they don't add a ton of bulk
    +1 Otterbox is the way to go!
    07-21-10 08:46 AM
    +1 Otterbox is the way to go!

I looked at Otterbox quickly but they seem to be bulky. Emphasizethe word quickly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 10:26 AM
    I would suggest the OEM RIM silicone case. I have one for my 8330 and it fits well, feels nice, and has the word BlackBerry and the BB logo molded into the bottom.
    07-21-10 11:35 AM
    I looked at Otterbox quickly but they seem to be bulky. Emphasizethe word quickly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The impact and commuter add very little to no more bulk than a normal silicone case would. I had both for my 8530
    07-21-10 12:31 PM
    How easy is it to take off the Commuter?

I am toying with getting one to supplement my Seidio Innocase II and charging pod. I am thinking about the commuter as a great case for when I go on vacation and I am sitting by a pool/beach/etc....

But I could also see liking it enough that it becomes my day to day case. If that were to happen, I would hope the case is easy (or not too difficult) to get it off so that I can readily drop it into my Seidio charger when I am home from work.

Alternatively, I could move my pod out of the loop and just leave a cord in the wall and open the port to plug it in.......
    07-21-10 12:47 PM
    How easy is it to take off the Commuter?

I am toying with getting one to supplement my Seidio Innocase II and charging pod. I am thinking about the commuter as a great case for when I go on vacation and I am sitting by a pool/beach/etc....

But I could also see liking it enough that it becomes my day to day case. If that were to happen, I would hope the case is easy (or not too difficult) to get it off so that I can readily drop it into my Seidio charger when I am home from work.

Alternatively, I could move my pod out of the loop and just leave a cord in the wall and open the port to plug it in.......
    The commuter and impact come off just like a silicone case does, very easy, one of the LEO's in town has the Innocase II on his tour, it was the case I'm looking @ but I'm torn
    07-21-10 12:54 PM
    I have to agree with Nozzles, both otters add enough protection w/o adding the bulk. I'm a commuter gal myself.
    07-21-10 01:03 PM
    Well, after the meeting I was just on, I was watching some youtube reviews for the commuter.......I like it, but since I have invested in the Seidio Charger, I feel like I would be wasting that investment if I moved to another case which would have to come off to sit in the cradle. If Seidio does offer an incentive for Inno2 Tour purchasers who were upgraded to 9650s, I may jusy buy another Inno2. I guess I sort of need to see/feel a commuter case in person to make my final decision. Though my wife would probably appreciate it if I moved the Seidio charging pod out of the kitchen office area and just had a charging cable......

I have dropped my phone only once or twice, and it seems the Inno2 protected it, but the two pieces did separate both times.

We'll see.......
    07-21-10 01:06 PM
    I have to agree with Nozzles, both otters add enough protection w/o adding the bulk. I'm a commuter gal myself.
    What's your primary method of charging? Do you use a pod, requiring removal of the Commuter case, or just use a wall plug on its own?
    07-21-10 01:07 PM
    What's your primary method of charging? Do you use a pod, requiring removal of the Commuter case, or just use a wall plug on its own?
    I use the wall charger... I'm really not too fond of the charging pod, I had one for my 8320 and it just annoyed me.
    07-21-10 01:09 PM
    The commuter and impact come off just like a silicone case does, very easy, one of the LEO's in town has the Innocase II on his tour, it was the case I'm looking @ but I'm torn
    I have a Seidio Innocase Surface II for my 9630. Well actually, I've had two. The first one broke after about 3 weeks of use. A crack developed where the two pieces of the case meet on the right side directly under the right convenience key. Seidio replaced the case without problem. I had been using this case up until yesterday when I noticed the same exact crack... Because of the location, the case barely stays on or does any protecting at all. I have emailed Seidio again, but as yet, I haven't heard back from them. While I absolutely love the case, I know there has to be some kind of defect with these or a weak spot in that area. Grrr.
    07-21-10 01:14 PM
    I really am torn. I always like to find something new BB related and I really do like the added protection the Commuter offers (Without adding bulk) over the Inno II. But I like the Seidio charging pod. I wouldn't mind terribly using just the wall charger, but I like to try and keep usage of the port at a minimum, if possible.
    07-21-10 01:27 PM
    I have a Seidio Innocase Surface II for my 9630. Well actually, I've had two. The first one broke after about 3 weeks of use. A crack developed where the two pieces of the case meet on the right side directly under the right convenience key. Seidio replaced the case without problem. I had been using this case up until yesterday when I noticed the same exact crack... Because of the location, the case barely stays on or does any protecting at all. I have emailed Seidio again, but as yet, I haven't heard back from them. While I absolutely love the case, I know there has to be some kind of defect with these or a weak spot in that area. Grrr.
    Hmm with all that being said I think I will stick with the otterbox, haven't had a bad experience with it yet so I may as well stick with what I know works.

I really am torn. I always like to find something new BB related and I really do like the added protection the Commuter offers (Without adding bulk) over the Inno II. But I like the Seidio charging pod. I wouldn't mind terribly using just the wall charger, but I like to try and keep usage of the port at a minimum, if possible.
    Can I ask why you want to keep port usage to a minimum? I use mine daily and I did on both of my last bb's and never ran into an issue
    07-21-10 03:09 PM
    I've just heard some stories about ports/connectors going bad. Clearly, as you use the port, you might degrade the contacts, but the likelihood of creating an issue may be low, so who knows.

I probably will get a Commuter just to try it out, but I wish it came in other colors like the dark blue and burgandy of the Inno2. Also, I will wait at least until Sunday to order as I hope to win the Commuter in the current Crackberry win a case contest.....
    07-21-10 03:16 PM
    Not an unrealistic concern, I've had that exp with other phones but as far as blackberry's go I haven't had a single issue with the port.

Good luck in the contest!
    07-21-10 03:18 PM
    I need to find the cheapest item at Amazon so that if/when I order the commuter from there, I can get it over $25 and get free shipping. Though I bet if I called them to order it, they would do that for me anyways.....
    07-21-10 03:25 PM
    Not an unrealistic concern, I've had that exp with other phones but as far as blackberry's go I haven't had a single issue with the port.

Good luck in the contest!
    And thanks for weighing in with your thoughts/ideas! it is appreciated!!
    07-21-10 03:26 PM
    Found this:

Amazon.com: -013 Buna Quad-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 7/16" ID, 9/16" OD, 1/16" Width (Pack of 1): Industrial &…

It's a $.09 O-ring sold direct from Amazon so you can get the Commuter shipped free (since it's priced at $24.98).

Cool!
    07-21-10 03:37 PM
    And thanks for weighing in with your thoughts/ideas! it is appreciated!!
    That's why I'm here, the reason I loved the impact is because it had more texture and felt more sturdy then your run of the mill silicone case
    07-21-10 03:39 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD