I received my brand new 9700 after my 8900's screen went blank. The restoring process went mostly without any issues. The 9700 is perfect for what I use it for. Is it really the king of BB's? Anyway, now I need case. I've seen several cases that are not too bulky - I keep the phone in my pocket - but provides ample protection from the occasional phone drops.

1) Otterbox commuter - Amazon.com: OtterBox Commuter Case for BlackBerry Bold 9700: Cell Phones & Accessories

2) Otterbox impact - Amazon.com: OtterBox Impact Case for Bold 9700: Cell Phones & Accessories

3) Case mate's Pop! case. - BlackBerry Bold 9700 / 9780 Pop! Case by Case-Mate

4) Incipio Silicrylic - Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Series SILICRYLIC( Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

While I'm sure these and most cases are provide good protection, which of one of these can be taken apart with relative ease if I need to do a battery pull? My brother has a case mate (I forget which model) for his 8900 and it is difficult to take apart.
    03-24-11 11:34 PM
    Try this one too, Capdase. I'm using it and it's not bulky (thicker than silicone skin, but with more solid feel) if you opt for the Soft Jacket.
    03-24-11 11:54 PM
    I haven't tried any other cases. Got my Otterbox Commuter and never looked back. Perfect combo of protection without much bulk. It's pocketable. Unless you wear skinny jeans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 12:11 AM
    I'm considering getting #4 on your list, but thought I might suggest iSkin's Vibe. I don't have this case for my 9700, but it was fantastic when I had my 8900. It's made of a tough material that absorbs impact pretty well, and it slides in and out of your pocket easily. Comes with a screen protector too.

It is a little tough to get it out at first because of the stiffness of the material but once you "break in" the skin by removing it a few times, it becomes a breeze.
    03-25-11 02:14 AM
    Try this one too, Capdase. I'm using it and it's not bulky (thicker than silicone skin, but with more solid feel) if you opt for the Soft Jacket.
    that soft jacket looks quite interesting... but i want to try it before buying.

i've been searching for the right case for my phone... still no luck... my issue is i want it to fit into the swivel pouch as well.

i found the iskin vibe a bit think and hard to put on it. otterbox were thick. case-mate has interesting selections, barely-there didn't cover the whole phone. so, i'm still sticking with BB silicon. lol
    03-25-11 11:54 AM
    This may be too little in coverage for what you are looking for but I have been using this case for over 3 months and have to say I love it!

http://shop.crackberry.com/incipio-ultra-light-feather-case/4A123A6152.htm

It is thin and easy to take on and off(which is important for me because I use a dock for charging). I was a little concerned because some of the reviews said the paint wore off but mine has yet to fade at all and I use it everyday (putting into my pockets all the time). I have also dropped the phone on concrete(not on purpose!) with the case on and it did what it was supposed to do; not a scratch
    03-25-11 08:47 PM
    Otterbox defender case is the best.

03-25-11 09:44 PM
    Go for the Otterbox Commuter. It provides ample protection without the bulk so the phone stays lookin' sexy yet secure.

Stay away from the Otterbox Impact. I got it before getting the Commuter and found that it became rather loose over time.

The Defender is also a good choice. Doesn't look too bad either. Got that as a birthday present for a friend of mine and she absolutely loves it. It's the highest amount of protection offered by Otterbox. However, you'll find it too thick if you plan on keeping it in a jeans pocket.
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 03-26-11 at 12:14 AM.
    03-26-11 12:09 AM
    I agree with Apocalypso. I got the Impact first due to the price but it picks up way too much lint & dust. I got the Commuter a few months later.

03-26-11 12:21 AM
    commuter, fits great in the pocket.
    Last edited by voltaire64; 03-29-11 at 09:26 AM.
    03-26-11 08:18 AM
    Otterbox Defender for me. It is a bit bulky, but very good protection. You'd do well with either the Defender or Commuter from Otterbox.
    03-26-11 09:56 AM
    I have an otterbox
    03-26-11 11:59 AM
    Have an OtterBox defender as I feel it is hands down the best case for a 9700. Use the supplied holster most of the time but do drop it in a shirt pocket as well. Can't say enough about their customer service. Broke a tab on my holster and they shipped me a complete new case. All it took was a phone call. They even shipped the thing priority mail with no charges to me. As for battery pulls just use alt shift del to reboot and don't worry about case removal.

Last edited by GJX; 03-26-11 at 01:41 PM.
    03-26-11 01:30 PM
    that soft jacket looks quite interesting... but i want to try it before buying.

i've been searching for the right case for my phone... still no luck... my issue is i want it to fit into the swivel pouch as well.

i found the iskin vibe a bit think and hard to put on it. otterbox were thick. case-mate has interesting selections, barely-there didn't cover the whole phone. so, i'm still sticking with BB silicon. lol
    In comparison to iskin it feels softer and isn't as hard and not too plasticky. The soft jacket sells about $10 here and lasts forever.

I, myself are using the Alumor. It protects my BlackBerry wayy better but at the cost of heavier and a bit thicker than Soft Jacket. There were couple times I dropped my BlackBerry from my car, from stairs, etc and I felt lucky I had Alumor on. The case was heavily scratched and fully dented, but my BlackBerry was still on and left with no scars whatsoever.
    03-29-11 02:36 AM
    a friend of mine had this and it's quite interesting and it's the perfect one that i've been looking for... it doesn't cover the bottom of the 9700 fully but just enough...

however, i can do without the smell... lol

Jelly Belly Gel Skins for iPhone/iPod Touch/Blackberry
    03-29-11 10:16 AM
    a lot of people recommend the commuter, and i'll do the same. the epik resin is also a great case.
    03-30-11 04:18 PM
    Thank you for your inputs. All were very good suggestions, but I decided on the Ottberbox commuter. I received in the mail today and it feels good on the hands does not add bulk either. It's not a heavy duty case, but it will me just fine.

I do have questions about the screen guard that came with the protector. Does it use adhesive to stick on to the screen? I don't want to put it on incorrectly and then I'm left a sticky residue on the screen when I'm peeling it off.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cbfan123; 03-31-11 at 10:04 PM.
    03-31-11 09:54 PM
    The Otterbox screen protector uses a low-tack adhesive like everything else, but I will say that it is the only one I didn't screw up installing at least once or twice.
    04-01-11 07:49 AM
    I received my brand new 9700 after my 8900's screen went blank. The restoring process went mostly without any issues. The 9700 is perfect for what I use it for. Is it really the king of BB's? Anyway, now I need case. I've seen several cases that are not too bulky - I keep the phone in my pocket - but provides ample protection from the occasional phone drops.

1) Otterbox commuter - Amazon.com: OtterBox Commuter Case for BlackBerry Bold 9700: Cell Phones & Accessories

2) Otterbox impact - Amazon.com: OtterBox Impact Case for Bold 9700: Cell Phones & Accessories

3) Case mate's Pop! case. - BlackBerry Bold 9700 / 9780 Pop! Case by Case-Mate

4) Incipio Silicrylic - Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Series SILICRYLIC( Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

While I'm sure these and most cases are provide good protection, which of one of these can be taken apart with relative ease if I need to do a battery pull? My brother has a case mate (I forget which model) for his 8900 and it is difficult to take apart.
    The best case I've ever used : Seidio Innocase Surface! NO OTTERBOX, unless you want to carry a bulky one
    04-01-11 12:57 PM
    My phone is 9800,but I think the Otterbox are good for protection.
    04-07-11 09:41 PM
    idk if this helps but im currently using this case: CAPDASE

its for 9700 but im using it for my 9780 since cases for both models fit with each other well.

i got it for $31
    04-21-11 07:29 AM
    Epik resin case is the best plus some have the cutouts for the Seidio charging pod. Very economical price as well.

04-21-11 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD