Every once in a while my curve will turn the radio part off while in my pocket in the bb case. I think that it is just the radio...I will pull the phone out and I get the sprint welcome screen then everything is working. A few times people have said that my calls go directly to voicemail so something must be turning off.

I do have other things in my pocket but nothing near the standby or top of the phone. What button controls the radio (on and off) and why does it work in stand by mode? (case activated)
    05-19-09 10:36 AM
    What OS you running?

What is the status of the battery?

What free memory you have?
    05-19-09 10:40 AM
    The os is 4.5 something, Battery is good, and my memory is like mid 30mb... It just seems like my keys or something pushes and holds the end button to turn phone off. in stand by
    05-19-09 11:12 AM
    Does it matter which way the phone is in the case? It happened one time and the phone/case was not in my pocket. I have started putting it in so I can see the logo and the other side covers the camara. So far so good.
    05-21-09 12:18 AM
    Does it matter which way the phone is in the case? It happened one time and the phone/case was not in my pocket. I have started putting it in so I can see the logo and the other side covers the camara. So far so good.
    Are you using that leather pouch case that comes with the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 01:43 AM
    yes it is a bb pocket case
    05-21-09 09:19 AM
    Yeah, the front of the pocket case is the side with the BB logo on it and that is the side that the trackball should be on.

That is a OEM case so it should go in to standby when you put it in the holster if you have the auto lock when holstered enabled.

Go to Options/Security Options/General Settings and set Lock Handheld Upon Holstering to Yes.

You shouldn't have anymore issues with your BB turning off if you change that setting.

When you take the BB out you'll have to press * send to unlock it.
    Last edited by blackngray70; 05-21-09 at 11:58 AM.
    05-21-09 11:39 AM
    Well guys it seems my little phone will turn itself off at will. I have tried the lock in holster instead of stand by or with stand by and it is just off.. Any ideas?? I check it all the time but it might get to be impotent or important.

I will try it without the bb holster for awhile because it did not seem to happen until I started to use the bb case....

It was used so maybe it is hardware issue, I will do a battery pull but I don't think it will help this...Any more ideas??
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 05-22-09 at 05:04 PM.
    05-22-09 04:29 PM
    Get you one of the OEM holsters with the belt clip.

It would be worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 05:13 PM
    Changed to os 4.3 from 4.5 and it seems to have corrected the problem. Anyone no what the differences in the os's are?
    06-16-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD