Wondering if someone here knows the answer to this:

I have a 9550 that I just upgraded to .713 a few weeks ago. I use it to play videos that I've encoded with Handbrake. Recently I find that when I play a movie, it will pause the movie every 20-30 minutes. When I go press play it doesn't do anything. I have to press stop, exit the movie, open it again and then fiddle with the timeline bar to try and get back to where I was.

I am unable to resume play let alone watch a movie without interruption. Any ideas on what is causing this and/or how to fix it?
    06-28-10 03:16 PM
    nope, and I don't have that problem. What are ALL the parameters of the encoding? bit rate, file type (mp4 or mv4), etc.
    06-28-10 03:27 PM
    I'm using mattsh33's post I found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/dv...ctures-107961/

I adjusted Handbrake (version 0.9.4) to look like this:

VIDEO:
    Video Codec: H.264 (*264)
    Framerate (FPS): Same as source
    [Checkmark] 2-Pass Encoding
    [Checkmark] Turbo first pass
    Avg Bitrate (kbps): 500

AUDIO:
    Audio Codec: AAC (faac)
    Mixdown: Automatic
    Samplerate: Auto
    Bitrate: 64

OUTPUT SETTINGS:
    [Checkmark] iPod 5G support

File type saved as .mp4

On previous versions of Handbrake it used to always save the files as .mp4 but now it defaults to .m4v I change it back to .mp4 - is that problem? Should I just save it as .m4v? I didn't know if that would bugger it up and since I know .mp4 works I figured why change it...

Any help would be appreciated...and thank you!
    06-28-10 04:22 PM
    ok, I checked your settings and they appear fine to me. (I go for a higher bit rate-960-but that's not the issue). Having said that, I don't think you need to do 2 pass encoding!! That's gilding the lily and wasting time, but if you don't mind the additional encoding time, so be it. How long does it take for you to encode an "average" movie?

I hate to say this, but there might be something wonky with your OS load. If you don't think it's a terrible thing to reload the OS, you might do that, unless someone here has a better idea in the meantime.

I can play entire movies without a hiccups.
    06-28-10 04:56 PM
    Wondering if someone here knows the answer to this:

I have a 9550 that I just upgraded to .713 a few weeks ago. I use it to play videos that I've encoded with Handbrake. Recently I find that when I play a movie, it will pause the movie every 20-30 minutes. When I go press play it doesn't do anything. I have to press stop, exit the movie, open it again and then fiddle with the timeline bar to try and get back to where I was.

I am unable to resume play let alone watch a movie without interruption. Any ideas on what is causing this and/or how to fix it?
    oh wait! MAYBE there is an alert of some sort that's interrupting play, like when you get a message when playing Pandora or other music source. BE SURE the issue is not simply an alert pausing playback. On my phone, most alerts are silent, but to test my idea, I enabled sounds for email and sent myself an email. The video paused, but only momentarily.
    06-28-10 05:03 PM
    You may be right. I know its not the movie itself because the same encoded movie plays perfectly on my iPhone with iOS4. I upgraded my Storm2 to .713 by just upgrading instead of wiping. Thats the only thing I can think of that would account for whats happening. An average encoding time is about 30-60 minutes, so I don't mind the time it takes.
    06-28-10 06:24 PM
    You may be right. I know its not the movie itself because the same encoded movie plays perfectly on my iPhone with iOS4. I upgraded my Storm2 to .713 by just upgrading instead of wiping. Thats the only thing I can think of that would account for whats happening. An average encoding time is about 30-60 minutes, so I don't mind the time it takes.
    yeah, if you can get one done in 30 minutes, that's cool. I bet your pc is faster than mine. I used to rip on one machine, but tried my old trusty HP desktop with win 7 and it took forever. l I went back to using my Toshiba laptop (with 7 also) and it's mucho faster. but it still takes nearly an hour.
    06-28-10 06:30 PM
    Do you have password? I have one on enterprise and it does that on the password timeout.
    06-28-10 08:37 PM
    My phone interrupts everything when a message or call comes in.... $.02
    06-30-10 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD