Right now I'm on my 4th 8900, and at least 3 out of the 4 have had this same problem, and the other ones headphone jack stopped working all together. do any of you have the problem where certain headphones work perfectly, others dont get recognized, and others still have to be played with before they will be recognized? it's a rather annoying problem to say the least, and i didnt know if it was common, or maybe if there was some (doubtful) easy fix.

thanks for the replies
    10-25-09 08:50 PM
    I have 2 8900's and never had headphone problems. Sorry to hear about your troubles--good luck working them out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 09:44 PM
    My 8900 and my girls 8900 both have the same issue to a point. I have to wiggle and mess with the jack to get it to work most of the time. My berry wouldn't even work in my girls car for awhile until one day I spent some time playing with it. Its annoying for sure, but I always end up getting it to work so haven't had to replace either phone yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:07 PM
    only problem i have with the headphones is that they look and feel kind of cheap in my opinion.
    10-26-09 06:50 AM
    I had to mess with my aux input to get it to work.
    10-26-09 07:37 AM
    I too have problems wth some heaphones. Some will have to be stuck in only part of the way to work, while others work with no issue. I ordered some BT headphones now.
    10-26-09 12:17 PM
    Are you sure it's not the headphones themselves and not the BlackBerry? As an audiophile I'm very sensitive when handling any types of plugs and I know for a fact the 3.5mm plug is not of the stronger type to work long.
    10-26-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD