OK, So the tour comes with an awesome looking Movie Demo.

How the heck can I get a movie into the tour to look like that.

What programs do I use and whats are the steps

I want to load ace ventura 2 in my phone lol, any help would be greatly appreciated
    08-10-09 08:19 AM
    I found this link through the crackberry site. Free BlackBerry Video Blog
    08-10-09 08:35 AM
    Here's a previous thread and a link for HandBrake:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/vi...verter-265792/

HandBrake

The converter tools listed within these links should give you at least a couple of options. Also, I know from experience that regular old avi's will play perfectly well on the tour. Playback of any video format is really a function of the quality of the rip and the how well the native resolution of the video fits the screen resolution of your device. Garbage in...garbage out.
    08-10-09 08:53 AM
    does anyone know the resolution and what the file type should be?
    08-10-09 09:00 AM
    I left the videos I put on my tour in a .avi format. Worked Great! and the video quality is amazing
    08-10-09 09:30 AM
    does anyone know the resolution and what the file type should be?
    The Tour's screen resolution is 480340. There is no set file type, the tour will play various video formats, the best quality is probably MP4/H.264. I believe it captures video in 3GP format.
    08-10-09 09:32 AM
    I keep my movies in iTouch format which works for my Storm, and may or may not be ideal for the Tour, but I have too many to recompile into various formats. Is anyone seeing issues with WS format on the Tour?
    08-10-09 10:09 AM
    The Tour's screen resolution is 480340. There is no set file type, the tour will play various video formats, the best quality is probably MP4/H.264. I believe it captures video in 3GP format.
    It is actually 480 x 360.

Best settings I have found. I use Xilisoft Video converter.

Codec - Mpeg4 (I found MP4 to be the best for this phone)
    Size - 480x360
    Bit Rate - 1200
    Frame Rate - 30
    Zoom - Letterbox (with xilisoft you have the option to zoom in and fit the screen or letterbox for the wide screen movies)

Audio

Bitrate - 192
    Sample rate - 44100
    Channels - 2 (Stereo)
    08-10-09 10:09 AM
    I keep my movies in iTouch format which works for my Storm, and may or may not be ideal for the Tour, but I have too many to recompile into various formats. Is anyone seeing issues with WS format on the Tour?
    What issues with WS format? I have none. Using xilisoft I can either select letterbox or zoom in to fill the screen. Issue with zooming is you are cropping part of the movie out. I am fine with the letterbox though. Have not had any issues.
    08-10-09 10:13 AM
    You're right...I fat-fingered the number...
    08-10-09 02:27 PM

Best settings I have found. I use Xilisoft Video converter.

Codec - Mpeg4 (I found MP4 to be the best for this phone)
    Size - 480x360
    Bit Rate - 1200
    Frame Rate - 30
    Zoom - Letterbox (with xilisoft you have the option to zoom in and fit the screen or letterbox for the wide screen movies)

Audio

Bitrate - 192
    Sample rate - 44100
    Channels - 2 (Stereo)
    Thanks for these numbers. I was trying to figure out the best settings and these worked.
    08-10-09 04:01 PM
    Is there a preset file you can use to load these settings into Handbrake and make it a default?
    08-10-09 04:06 PM
    I'm not sure. I was looking for something like that but no luck.
    08-10-09 04:10 PM
    What issues with WS format? I have none. Using xilisoft I can either select letterbox or zoom in to fill the screen. Issue with zooming is you are cropping part of the movie out. I am fine with the letterbox though. Have not had any issues.
    i was wondering if you had any squished video issues when watching movies that were in letterbox setup. I didn't think there would be any but wanted to ask.
    08-10-09 05:57 PM
    Instead of downloading aftermarket software for video conversion, why not use the Media Manager that comes with DM? When you load videos it asks if you want to convert for optimal playback, or manually you can set letterbox correction. I've used this method to convert a bunch of YouTube videos and it supports HD too. Great for making iPhoners jealous, especially when I tell them I've got 16gigs inside.

I also use Media Sync to copy iTunes playlists so now I use my Blackberry as an iPod... both while jogging (using Altec Lansing headphones w/A2DP + handsfree) and in my boat and jetski using the Blackberry Music Gateway connected to an amp.
    08-10-09 09:16 PM
    When my tour arrives tomorrow I will have to give media sync a more through going over and put some movies on my new Tour.
    08-10-09 09:59 PM
    Instead of downloading aftermarket software for video conversion, why not use the Media Manager that comes with DM? When you load videos it asks if you want to convert for optimal playback, or manually you can set letterbox correction. I've used this method to convert a bunch of YouTube videos and it supports HD too. Great for making iPhoners jealous, especially when I tell them I've got 16gigs inside.

I also use Media Sync to copy iTunes playlists so now I use my Blackberry as an iPod... both while jogging (using Altec Lansing headphones w/A2DP + handsfree) and in my boat and jetski using the Blackberry Music Gateway connected to an amp.
    I already had xilisoft converter. I personally think it is one of the best and gives so many options.

As for the question on "Squished" I have never seen that. A friend of mine had this issue with software he was using, but I think it was due to rendering the widescreen incorrectly.
    08-10-09 10:46 PM
    I have found that Free Studio Manager works perfect for me for converting videos, always amazing quality. I can take a file I downloaded like an actual full movie that you would burn to a DVD and converted it and the sound and picture were amazing.
    08-16-09 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD