I've got a Curve 8330. Everytime I try to set an animated wallpaper, the animation never shows up. It just shows up as a picture. I know it's gotta be something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure out what.

I'll use wallpapers from myxer.com as an example. I'll find the one I want and then click on it. It takes me to the "Download Now" and "Send to a friend" screen. I choose "Download Now" and it just takes me a full sized version of the picture/animation but gives no actual download prompt. So I click the menu button and choose Save Image. This will save it into my My Pictures. I go into that, open the wallpaper, and choose "Set as home screen." At that point it sets as a still picture.

What am I missing here? I'm sure it's something totally obvious and I'll end up feeling like an ***** for even asking, but it's driving me crazy!

I can't even say id!ot on here?! lol
    04-16-09 03:45 PM
    Is it a GIF file?
    04-16-09 03:47 PM
    You aren't doing anything wrong. The BB os does not support animated wallpaper. The only way around this is to build the animation into the theme.
    04-16-09 03:48 PM
    Someday it will be possible and it'll be sweet!
    04-16-09 03:49 PM
    Ah! Well then, that explains it! I don't feel so stupid after all. lol Thanks everyone! It'll definitely be nice when we can use those!!
    04-16-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD