I like the pouch that it came with but it's too bulky. I wanted to be able to just put the phone in my pocket.

took the plunge and ordered this

Silicone Skin Case for Blackberry 9000 Bold, Black by Eforcity

Silicone Skin Case for Blackberry 9000 Bold, Black by Eforcity - CBLA9000SC04 - Buy.com

then i wanted a hard case too. Was Debating between these two

OtterBox Impact Silicone Case for BlackBerry Bold 9000

http://cgi.ebay.com/OtterBox-Impact-Silicone-Case-for-BlackBerry-Bold-9000_W0QQitemZ120333731936QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_A ccessories?hash=item120333731936&_trksid=p3286.c0. m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240% 3A1317

RUBBERIZED BLACK SNAP-ON CASE FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUBBERIZED-BLACK-SNAP-ON-CASE-FOR-BLACKBERRY-BOLD-9000_W0QQitemZ150305934963QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_A ccessories?hash=item150305934963&_trksid=p3286.c0. m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240% 3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Ended up going with the otterbox because my dad told me the snap on was cheesy and provides no protection.

I will report back with how i like them both once i recieve them.

Anyone using these or thinking about getting these please post your comments or what not Thanks.
    11-21-08 12:22 AM
    your dad was right snap on do provide no protection but i dont plan on throwing my phone agianst a wall lol otterbox is extreme

i just got a oem rubber one to protect the silver bazel and also just so i can grip it better in my hands

newegg has oem blackberry ones for 2.99$
    11-21-08 12:36 AM
    my experience with silicone case is that they are not pocket friendly. the rubber has too much friction against the pants pocket/fabric which makes it hard to put in/take out
    11-21-08 12:42 AM
    wow i didnt know newegg carried bold rubbers

o well i paid about the same anyway

I don't plan on throwing mine against the wall but i know im going to drop it and it looks like the otterbox provides some pretty nice protection for my bold. I hope its not too bulky =(
    11-21-08 12:44 AM
    wow i didnt know newegg carried bold rubbers

o well i paid about the same anyway

I don't plan on throwing mine against the wall but i know im going to drop it and it looks like the otterbox provides some pretty nice protection for my bold. I hope its not too bulky =(
    if you thought the holster was bulky, you'll find that the skins are a bit bulky but it definitely makes it easier to grip and protects the silver bevel. As long as your pants aren't tight though, it should slip right in your pocket
    Last edited by BBGirl88; 11-21-08 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-21-08 07:59 AM
    I've used seidio ones and loved them. Haven't put one on my bold though.
    11-21-08 09:03 AM
    I got the oem bold silicone skin today. Can put it on/off in a few seconds, which is handy as it won't fit the car holder whilst in the skin. The protection is minimal from the skin, but it's more for light bumps and more grip. Otterbox looks nice but a bit extreme + bulky? The oem skin hardly adds anything to the size/weight and has minimal effect on typing & controls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 10:46 AM
    another reason i like the silicone one is because i use the charging pod which doesnt work with cases and the oem case is easy to put on and off
    11-21-08 11:35 AM
    Oh, and the silicone skin adds a little more resistance to going in and out of the pocket, but not enough to make it stick or cause any problems like that

11-21-08 11:57 AM
    your dad was right snap on do provide no protection but i dont plan on throwing my phone agianst a wall lol otterbox is extreme
    I used to throw one of my OLD Mike phones against the wall just to see how well those held up.. haha never had one break! never did try throwin my old 7100i (Mike-berry) though lol been through tons of Berrys since (not cuz of problems, just a Crackberry Addict) - I love them to much to throw them at anything.

however i dont like the otterbox's they look too bulky (I like the look of the Bold too much to cover it up and make it look like a transformer). Im sure they work great though!

Bold Pouch works best for me!
    11-21-08 01:38 PM
    I have a seidio case and love it!

11-21-08 02:37 PM
    I got the oem bold silicone skin today. Can put it on/off in a few seconds, which is handy as it won't fit the car holder whilst in the skin. The protection is minimal from the skin, but it's more for light bumps and more grip. Otterbox looks nice but a bit extreme + bulky? The oem skin hardly adds anything to the size/weight and has minimal effect on typing & controls.

ya im kinda worried that im going to hate that otterbox i just bought

o well i can at least switch it with the rubber. I was going to get a rubberized hard case but its so pointless because it wont protect it from a drop like the otterbox will. I can at least switch them around :/
    11-21-08 03:29 PM
    Hi All!
    Love this thread. I would love to find a case that also allowed me to use a sillicone sleeve. I might have to find a way to make one. I have a few older pocketpc cases around. maybe I could bastardize some of them.

Or, can anyone offer a suggestion of a combination? I want the rubber grips so I don't drop it, AND I'd like a belt holster that is would fit into then.

Thanks!
    B.
    11-21-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD