I have a question about Ringtones and Profiles. I'm coming from OS 4.6.0.247, so maybe this is a new OS 5.0 thing that I'm not aware of.

I edited all of my Messages, IMs, Reminders, etc to the ringtones that I wanted for each Profile (i.e., Normal, Vibrate, Loud, etc). But then, I also noticed that each individual contact can now be assigned their own ringtone for Phone and Messages which override the ringtones that are set for each profile.

Questions:

1) Can I get rid of the option that each person does not have their own, custom ringtones? If not, is there a way for the for ringtone that is set in the Profile to override the individual ringtones of the contacts? How do I get it so that the ringtones in the profile are the ones that play...???

2) Each individual contact can be assigned a Phone and Message ringtone. What is included in the 'Message' ringtone - is it just for emails, or does it include SMS and BBM?

Thanks.
    04-13-10 08:12 PM
    1) Can I get rid of the option that each person does not have their own, custom ringtones? If not, is there a way for the for ringtone that is set in the Profile to override the individual ringtones of the contacts? How do I get it so that the ringtones in the profile are the ones that play...??? You can empty the contacts Alerts folder

2) Each individual contact can be assigned a Phone and Message ringtone. What is included in the 'Message' ringtone - is it just for emails, or does it include SMS and BBM? If you assign a individual you can only do messages and incoming phone calls. No BBM
    Last edited by 1fastmr2; 04-14-10 at 12:59 PM. Reason: User can not see what I wrote
    04-14-10 08:29 AM
    1fastmr2: I don't think you added your response to my quote.

Can anyone help me out??? Please??!
    04-14-10 12:01 PM
    I did answer your question. Please read my reply after each question you asked
    04-14-10 01:00 PM
    Ooohhhh...didn't see that. Sorry. Thanks for answering my questions!!!

So, just to confirm, I go into Profiles and then into 'Set Contact Alerts' and then erase everyone from the list so that it's completely empty?? Is there a way to erase them all at once, or do I have to do it one by one?

Also, just to confirm, the 'Message' ringtone is only for emails, and not for SMS or any other type of messages, correct??

Thanks again.
    04-14-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD