Hello everyone

I just got my new Bold 9700 yesterday, my very first Blackberry device. I'm all new to this so please bare with me. I've read the "101" tutorials for installing new themes and for adding wallpaper, but for some some reason I can't see pictures from folders I've added to my 9700, and also whenever I download a theme theme file and unzip it, I always see a JAD file and never this alx file that I have to add to my 9700 in order to use this theme.

Am I doing something wrong here, or I just missed something and have been chasing my tail(looks like it)?

TIA
    12-04-10 03:58 PM
    Are the themes you're getting OTA? That's all I've ever gotten and they're all JAD, never even heard of or seen any ALX, perhaps that's what their extension is when uploaded to the phone. Are the themes you download showing up in your themes section under options? I hate to ask what might be a stupid or accusatory question, but have you gone to your options > themes folder to look for them? That's where you have to apply/set them as the one you wish to implement.
    12-04-10 05:45 PM
    You must use desktop manager or BBSAK to add the themes to your blackberry.

Or do it the easy way and download them from your blackberry. Just a suggestion and I'm wondering if you tried already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 06:31 PM
    You must use desktop manager or BBSAK to add the themes to your blackberry.

Or do it the easy way and download them from your blackberry. Just a suggestion and I'm wondering if you tried already.

I've never even uploaded DM to my computer, nor have I downloaded BBSAK and I have gotten several different themes OTA. Not sure if your wording has confused me or if you're simply incorrect, but this statement does not at all ring true from my experience.
    12-04-10 06:40 PM
    Thank you all for your replies, but:

What is OTA?

I don't know what the Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK are. What I've installed is the Blackberry Desktop Software, from this link: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software. Is it the same?
    12-04-10 11:04 PM
    Thank you all for your replies, but:

What is OTA?

I don't know what the Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK are. What I've installed is the Blackberry Desktop Software, from this link: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software. Is it the same?
    OTA=Over The Air
    BBSAK=BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Desktop Software is Desktop Manager and Applioader.

Google BBSAK to find out more.

12-04-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD