I did a search of the site and did not find this addressed so I thought I would ask everyone.

I am a new 8330 Curve owner, and am interested in a powered car mount (windshield or possibly dash mount if needed) for use with my new phone. I see that there is an OEM desktop cradle that uses the contacts at the back rear of the phone to charge, and I am interested in finding a car mount that uses the same type of connection (as opposed to one that would require a USB-port connection which seems like it would be way less convenient).

Are there any recommendations on such a car mount. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide this newbie.
    01-05-09 10:45 AM
    I have looked for the same thing and have not found one.

I currently plan to build my own. I will use a charging pod, generic dash mount cell phone/ipod holder and a car charger adapter that takes a USB plug.
    01-05-09 11:11 AM
    I have looked for the same thing and have not found one.
    Bummer that there is not a commercial version of this available. Seems like an easy thing to design, and certainly would be more convenient than plugging into the USB connector. I have a similar mount for my "old school" Magellan GPS which allows me to just clip it in and go, and that was purchased around 8 years ago.

Why would RIM put the power contacts there and then not use them? I don't get it. Anyway thanks for the quick reply.
    01-05-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD