Was at target today and say the power mat. I saw the batteries for the bold and the curve 83xx series. You just have to drop it on the charging mat and induction coils recharge your phone. I remember a review on the blogs that had something like this but needed to plug something into the port. This has a special battery. I'm putting this on my Christmas list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 04:45 PM
    How much was it? Does it work with any BB device?

10-16-09 05:00 PM
    I have seen this, I would like to get more reviews on it before I make that plunge.
    10-16-09 05:03 PM
    The mat is about $100 the adapter is $ 40
    10-16-09 05:12 PM
    thats not bad at all for never having to plug you phone in again
    10-16-09 05:23 PM
    IT isn't a special battery. It is a battery door.

Powermat.com | Introducing Powermat

Powermat.com | BlackBerry Battery Doors - Receivers

The door is 29.99 and only supports a few devices so far.
    10-16-09 05:25 PM
    There's two types of mats on offer - one for home or office, and a folding portable version for travel - both are priced at $99.

Some devices use a "receiver case" that the device slides into, and then the whole mess is placed on the mat. The receiver cases are available for Nintendo DS ($30) and Apple iPhone 3G and iPod Touch ($40). There's also a receiver dock for standard iPod Classic and iPod nanos as well ($40).

Rather than a case, Blackberry products (Bold, Pearl, Curve 8300 and 8900) get a battery door replacement which is priced at $30. It appears that the battery door replacement changes the shape of the back of the BB, so I'm not sure how much I like that...

Finally, they offer a "Powercube Universal Receiver" which connects to devices via interchangeable tips. It costs $30.

Powermat.com | BlackBerry Battery Doors - Receivers
    10-16-09 05:34 PM
    I wonder what kind of cancerous rays this thing puts off! lol
    10-16-09 05:56 PM
    aren't they fcc'ed first or something?
    10-16-09 06:02 PM
    None, it's an EM field. And not a very strong one either. Just don't sleep with it in your pants and you'll be fine.

Learned that one the hard way.
    10-16-09 06:20 PM
    I want one. The door for the blackberry curve uses the charging contacts on the back.

10-16-09 06:42 PM
    The mat was $99, and the door was $30. Looks like they have it for the nintendo ds as well. Ipods have a port you set it on. It does change the battery door profile, but I've got a seideo 2600, so mine already is jacked up. I just think it'd be awesome to just toss my blackberry onto the mat, I'd be easier to be lazy.

10-16-09 06:48 PM
    I have seen this, I would like to get more reviews on it before I make that plunge.
    I'm with you and agree.
    10-16-09 07:05 PM
    I saw this in some expo video about a year ago and got all excited, then they told me "Sorry, we don't LIKE the Storm."

Bastards.
    10-16-09 10:09 PM
    $130-$140 to not reach with two hands and just plug in at night? I wish I had your kind of money. I mean no offense, but really.
    10-17-09 12:36 AM
    Just got this whole setup for my Bold...it's very cool except my phone no longer fits well in its case. Has anyone experienced this and have you found a case to fit with the replacement battery door?
    12-28-09 10:13 AM
    where can i find this for cheap?
    12-28-09 01:39 PM
    where can i find this for cheap?
    Give it some time and they'll probably be blasting them out for next to nothing soon. IMO, it's overpriced and complicated, especially for one device. Maybe if you had a bat-belt full of gadgets. To make it really useful, I'd want it to do several devices and then you're talking a lot of extra dough for more cases, etc. And if you're gonna use the cube, then you're back to plugging it in...

On the plus side, I hear it makes a cool sound when it connects to a device.

Maybe when the price comes down and the technology is streamlined without the need for cases, etc.... Until then, I'll wait.
    12-28-09 02:03 PM
    Just got this whole setup for my Bold...it's very cool except my phone no longer fits well in its case. Has anyone experienced this and have you found a case to fit with the replacement battery door?
    I use a belt clip with my curve and keep the powermat back on it. I have no issues. It also fits fine into the oem pouch

12-28-09 07:06 PM
    I know this is a somewhat older thread, but had a question about the powermats and this seemed like the most appropriate thread to ask it in.

If the backs for the blackberry devices make it so that you can't use your hard cases anymore, can you just swap out the backs when you're ready to charge? And use the stock back during the day? Does that cause any issues?
    03-01-10 03:13 AM
    I know this is a somewhat older thread, but had a question about the powermats and this seemed like the most appropriate thread to ask it in.

If the backs for the blackberry devices make it so that you can't use your hard cases anymore, can you just swap out the backs when you're ready to charge? And use the stock back during the day? Does that cause any issues?
    That's what I do every night. I rip my body glove case off and put on my powermat battery door. It is just like the oem one but a bit bigger with the magnet on the back.

03-01-10 07:49 AM
    Doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of the mat? The idea I thought was that it makes it easier to charge but now you're stripping off cases and switching backs? What's the benefit of the power mat? It's now more difficult than just attaching the cord...
    03-01-10 12:39 PM
    are there any negatives of the powermat?
    03-01-10 09:40 PM
    Doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of the mat? The idea I thought was that it makes it easier to charge but now you're stripping off cases and switching backs? What's the benefit of the power mat? It's now more difficult than just attaching the cord...
    I don't keep mine in a case like a bodyglove so changing the back at night wouldn't be an issue. I like the idea of the powermat over my cord for a couple reasons though - my phones tend to wear out after some time in the charging port so not having to plug it in and unplug it all the time would lessen the risk of that happening (especially since I use the same port to sync it to my computer) and it means fewer cords hanging all over my nightstand. So if it makes no difference if I change the back on it at night just to charge then I think it would be a nice addition
    03-01-10 10:43 PM
    Not for me. I swap cases like everyday so to not have a wired mess on the side of my bed with my iPod touch. Blackberry and my work phone is sweet. Whe it is just laying there it is charging. Not trying to sound lazy but it's nice to grab your phone and not have to worry about cords un plugging and plugging back in.
    On one outlet I charge 4 things. 3 phones and my Bluetooth headset with the USB cord.

03-01-10 11:43 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD