How big of a file is xfluidx's? . Jk ya'll

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 09:42 PM
    There's a lot it offers, but among them you'll see your memory displayed like this: (I was going to show you a percentage screen too, but photobucket isn't cooperating, grrrrrr!)

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-01-10 09:45 PM
    No silly I save the OTA .(jad) link in my memo pad. When ur on the download page hit menu and scroll to page address click then select copy address and save that.

What u mean "on Download page" Where exactly? I try to understand what u r saying but i dont.
    03-01-10 10:20 PM
    With this:

Dang, they should start paying me. Really, the app is that good. It's the first thing I'll load up on a fresh OS.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

I had that app but rather than just seeing my memory usage I couldn't use for anything. Where I hit the button to (can't remember exactly) clean cache or free up some memory every single time it told me there was not a single bite freed. So u know what happened to that app?
    03-01-10 10:25 PM
    When u click on an OTA link it takes u to the download page. When ur on that page click ur bb menu button scroll to page address etc

What u mean "on Download page" Where exactly? I try to understand what u r saying but i dont.
    03-01-10 10:25 PM
    I had that app but rather than just seeing my memory usage I couldn't use for anything. Where I hit the button to (can't remember exactly) clean cache or free up some memory every single time it told me there was not a single bite freed. So u know what happened to that app?
    That's because your OS was doing as it should, and maintaining the RAM for you. The cache clear is hany when your running a ton of tasks at once, but if your beta testing apps, or tweaking a hybrids knowing your resource levels is invaluable. The reply with edit feature I really like as well.

03-01-10 11:15 PM
    No silly I save the OTA .(jad) link in my memo pad. When ur on the download page hit menu and scroll to page address click then select copy address and save that.

Oh...that's something I'm already doing, sort of: I have the OTA pages bookmarked on both my BB browser and on my PC. And of course I do regular backups of both. I just worry that someday if I go looking for a particular theme I "used to have" that it will have been taken down. For instance look at all the people posting their woes at trying to obtain BerryStacked SQ, lol.
    03-02-10 01:07 AM
    Morning:

Evening:

Last Night:

Late Nite:

And:

Currently:

I used to content myself with using the same theme and wallpaper for days if not weeks on end, but the more involved I become with these forums, the more options I have, and each new theme or wall helps keep the blahs away...and it's much, much cheaper than upgrading to a 9700 "out of boredom."
    03-02-10 01:30 AM
    Most weather apps are notorious for devouring memory. I like just popping in the mobile weatherunderground site. The forecast is quite accurate, the radar is right there, and I don't feel the need to look at my weather everytime I pull out my Onyx. Keeping that info current will always tax resources, just no way around it.
    I think it *might* be my weather app. I turned it completely off today, and although I still noticed the File Free number shrinking, it did so at a much slower rate. When I re-activated BeWeather Free, I kept checking the File Free and saw the number shrinking more rapidly. So far as I can tell, it seems to be *part* of the problem, but I suspect there may be more than one issue here.

As far as weather in general, I do like to know what's going on outside and in particular what the forecast is, but for the most part I too am content with what I can pull up on the Web. I like having the homescreen icon because, well, my ladyfriend's HTC touchscreen running Android has home screen weather, and gosh darn it, I think we BB users deserve it too.
    03-02-10 01:39 AM
    She means when you use your BB to go to the download page for whatever theme you want - the Web page with the OTA link. She's saying get the URL of either the link itself or the whole page, and then paste it into MemoPad. Personally, what I do is just bookmark the whole thing in my browser.
    03-02-10 01:49 AM
    With this:

Dang, they should start paying me. Really, the app is that good. It's the first thing I'll load up on a fresh OS.
    It's um...it's fifteen bucks. It's...a...fifteen dollar...app.

I'm really trying to get my mind around this concept.

Like, it's not the money. I mean, I probably have more than that laying around in quarters right now. It's the principle. And yes, I realize devs don't work for free, and I also realize they work not-for-free pretty much around the clock to build and refine an app like this. It just seems like an awful lot of money for a piece of software like this. It's not a PC program, it's a BlackBerry app. Then again, with all the free cr_p I have loaded on my device, I've probably pro-rated this thing down to about a nickel.
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 03-02-10 at 02:04 AM. Reason: I wish my BlackBerry had a coin slot on the side.
    03-02-10 01:58 AM
    Oh...that's something I'm already doing, sort of: I have the OTA pages bookmarked on both my BB browser and on my PC. And of course I do regular backups of both. I just worry that someday if I go looking for a particular theme I "used to have" that it will have been taken down. For instance look at all the people posting their woes at trying to obtain BerryStacked SQ, lol.
    Hey Moon,

No worries tho cause there will always be new themes available.... it's like money, themes come and go.
    03-02-10 03:30 AM
    It's um...it's fifteen bucks. It's...a...fifteen dollar...app.

I'm really trying to get my mind around this concept.

Like, it's not the money. I mean, I probably have more than that laying around in quarters right now. It's the principle. And yes, I realize devs don't work for free, and I also realize they work not-for-free pretty much around the clock to build and refine an app like this. It just seems like an awful lot of money for a piece of software like this. It's not a PC program, it's a BlackBerry app. Then again, with all the free cr_p I have loaded on my device, I've probably pro-rated this thing down to about a nickel.
    Yeah its very pricey. and do you really need it? I like everyone enjoy it when my phone works fast and optimal, but we're talking minor improvements. It's like running antivirus on a mac, it helps, but its really not needed.

Your blackberry has enough ram to survive a day of regular use (or even heavy use, as we all do tons of stuff on our bb"s)... but ive read people downgrading/upgrading OS's to save 1 mb of ram and it was unbearable to them. I have many apps running thoughtout my day.. atleast 5-6.. that I let run in the background. THat along with BBM's, emails, and tons of texting, my phone still runs hard till the end of my day. The only "maintenance" app ive installed is "quickpull free" because it simulates a batter pull every morning while I sleep.. this way I dont have issues with the themes i use like hidden today feature, etc.

SOrry wolf, this is not meant to come at you for supporting the app, but I believe that our bb's are built to handle several apps that run throughout the day without many issues. Watching ram is something those who have over 25 apps that are internet heavy/40 themes/browse the web all day and who are riding the cusp of low memory even after a reboot. Not sure if we all fit that category..
    Last edited by dannieloco; 03-02-10 at 03:42 AM. Reason: WHOa that was long....!
    03-02-10 03:39 AM
    Nope, the app is not for everyone, but the memory monitoring and cache recovery is only a portion of it too. You also get undelete, flame retardant, silencer, forward/reply with edit (my personal favorite, and a battery monitor with alarm. You would have to be hardcore to want it purely for the memory feature.

03-02-10 04:58 AM
    ^ I hate spammers

03-02-10 11:34 AM
    Morning:

Evening:

Last Night:

Late Nite:

And:

Currently:

I used to content myself with using the same theme and wallpaper for days if not weeks on end, but the more involved I become with these forums, the more options I have, and each new theme or wall helps keep the blahs away...and it's much, much cheaper than upgrading to a 9700 "out of boredom."
    May I have the wallpaper with the Serenity prayer on it? Thanks so much ....Is the theme that has the Serenity prayer on it the Precision Modifications theme or a variation of that theme?
    Last edited by indigoblu; 03-02-10 at 11:45 AM.
    03-02-10 11:42 AM
    ^ I hate spammers

I hate them enough to make them go poof.

03-02-10 12:39 PM
    03-02-10 01:29 PM
    May I have the wallpaper with the Serenity prayer on it? Thanks so much ....Is the theme that has the Serenity prayer on it the Precision Modifications theme...?
    Yes it is, and here you go.

I used zoom & pan to get the wall to fit the screen. YMMV.
    03-02-10 03:11 PM
    Hey Moon,

No worries tho cause there will always be new themes available.... it's like money, themes come and go.
    True. I'm thinking mostly along the lines of one-of-a-kind quirky themes like this one.
    03-02-10 03:28 PM
    Yes it is, and here you go.

I used zoom & pan to get the wall to fit the screen. YMMV.
    Thank you!
    03-02-10 03:54 PM
    ...flame retardant, silencer...
    uhm...what? lol it sounds like a weapon
    03-02-10 03:55 PM
    Thank you!
    Anytime. You're quite welcome
    03-02-10 03:55 PM

Wallpaper courtesy of Sados Demetrios @ Sados Designs
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 03-02-10 at 04:28 PM. Reason: givin' credit where it's due.
    03-02-10 04:03 PM
    uhm...what? lol it sounds like a weapon
    That they do. Flame retardant checks your emails for excess punctuation, caps, offensive language and unintended recipients before you send. Silencer shuts all sounds down for certain calendar events, or a set time period.

03-02-10 04:14 PM
7,955 ... 164165166167168 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD