Yep! Only reason I monitor RAM is I have a hybrid OS installed, and the natural cache clearing function isn't working as well as it should. I'll solve that, and not worry about it either.
    I should know what a hybrid OS is, but I don't.

It's a redish icon, so I'm not sure which you're referring to.
    Please see attached screen shot below.

That's a huge drop in memory for one day. There must be an app causing that bleed. Do you use a weather app?
    Yeah...Be(rry)Weather Free Why? Leading culprit?

The icon to which I referred is in the upper left of this user's screenshot. It's not part of the theme, and it's also not the Profiles icon. I've seen this same green chip icon elsewhere in other people's screenshots, and in at least one instance it appeared to have something displayed on it in MB, the way a weather icon would show the temperature.

EDiT: Aha! I found the one with the readout:

Last edited by Moon_Juice; 03-01-10 at 06:30 AM.
    03-01-10 06:20 AM
    Still tickled pink by the black and chrome.

Currently:

03-01-10 06:35 AM
    This wall is something I made a few years ago in Photoshop. The foundation is the North Pole picture I posted last night. I'm not saying this is any great piece of art, but it always makes me smile.

03-01-10 07:00 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 08:20 AM
    folks have some very cool wallpapers!
    03-01-10 08:27 AM

A hybrid is an OS made from parts of different OS's. Trying to get the best of everything. Mine is mostly from a leak S2 OS, and I'm on a 9700, so it's been a game getting all of it working perfectly.

Must be another memory app. I like fixmo, because it doesn't try to maintain it, but merely is a good way to monitor it. Also has a nice cache clearer, and quite a few other useful tools.

Most weather apps are notorious for devouring memory. I like just popping in the mobile weatherunderground site. The forecast is quite accurate, the radar is right there, and I don't feel the need to look at my weather everytime I pull out my Onyx. Keeping that info current will always tax resources, just no way around it.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-01-10 08:49 AM
    03-01-10 11:54 AM

03-01-10 12:52 PM
    I save the OTA for every theme I download and like this way I can delete when I'm over it for the time being then re-download when I wanna use it. And don't listen to Dannieloco..I've never had 82 themes on my BB!! If u use all of his themes ur memory will go down to 0.0 MB lmao have u seen those file sizes?? Sheesh

Lemme ask you guys a question. When you're using an assortment of themes, do you leave them all installed or just download them when you want to use them and then delete them when you're done? And does one approach present any advantages over the other?

Last edited by flybabyroxy; 03-01-10 at 04:37 PM.
    03-01-10 03:47 PM

03-01-10 03:51 PM
    ^^^ lol.. who says a 1 gig theme that takes 1 hour to install is big?

Glad to see xfluidx backk!
    03-01-10 03:51 PM
    Uh huh hence the delete and save the OTA..how/why do u think I came up wit that? LOL
    Yah this is really cute thx for the heads up

^^^ lol.. who says a 1 gig theme that takes 1 hour to install is big?

Glad to see xfluidx backk!
    03-01-10 03:55 PM

03-01-10 04:04 PM
    Man you guys have some pretty awesome themes and wallpapers posted here...I thought mine was ok till I saw some of these...now I'm thinkin' mine sucks and I need something new...these are really good...
    03-01-10 04:06 PM
    I save the OTA for every theme I download and like this way I can delete when I'm over it for the time being then re-download when I wanna use it. And don't listen to Dannieloco..I've never had 82 themes on my BB!! If u use all of his themes ur memory will go down to 0.0 MB lmao have u seen those fike sizes?? Sheesh

By "save the OTA" you mean downloading it to your computer right? How do u put it back on ur CrackBerry from ur PC?
    03-01-10 04:34 PM
    No silly I save the OTA .(jad) link in my memo pad. When ur on the download page hit menu and scroll to page address click then select copy address and save that.

By "save the OTA" you mean downloading it to your computer right? How do u put it back on ur CrackBerry from ur PC?
    03-01-10 04:44 PM
    03-01-10 05:48 PM
    Here's some more for you guys/gals to enjoy.. not sure if you guys saw my other posts in a wallpaper only thread that was closed because of this one.. anyways, enjoy!

03-01-10 06:46 PM

I believe that icon is MeterBerry. I'm not 100% sure though as I don't use it.

03-01-10 07:21 PM
    On my 8900 I tried to keep RAM above 10MB, but it ran fine at 6MB. I always had Yahoo Messenger, a BBM group, �bertwitter and my browser open.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Where do u check RAM and ROM?
    03-01-10 07:30 PM
    Is that the icon I see in people's screen shots that looks like a green computer chip?
    That icon is kinda Memory cleaner if i'm not mistaken.
    03-01-10 08:13 PM
    I save the OTA for every theme I download and like this way I can delete when I'm over it for the time being then re-download when I wanna use it. And don't listen to Dannieloco..I've never had 82 themes on my BB!! If u use all of his themes ur memory will go down to 0.0 MB lmao have u seen those file sizes?? Sheesh

Don't tell him but that was the reason I deleted all his themes. I love them, kept them on my BB in case cuz all of them is unique but considering their size I cannot afford to hold up that much of memory.
    03-01-10 08:31 PM

Roxy i love yur screen. What's yur new theme?
    03-01-10 09:08 PM
    Where do u check RAM and ROM?
    With this:

Dang, they should start paying me. Really, the app is that good. It's the first thing I'll load up on a fresh OS.

03-01-10 09:27 PM
    Thank you its called Cinnamaroll by xXFluidXx and I'm using my rainbow wall wit it

Roxy i love yur screen. What's yur new theme?
    03-01-10 09:37 PM
7,955 ... 163164165166167 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD