I've got a GoType! portable keyboard from my Palm V days. Can this be connected to a Blackberry Pearl 8110? There's nothing on the LandWare site, so any suggestions are welcome.
    06-05-08 04:46 PM
    I doubt it, unless they offer drivers for your BlackBerry. I had a newer bluetooth keyboard from my palm that I wanted to use with my BB, but it just wasn't supported.
    06-05-08 05:35 PM
    Well, I think I can connect the 9-pin serial socket on the GoType to the USB input on the BB. Will it just "work" or do I need to write something for it? It's just hardware - shouldn't they "recognize" each other?
    06-06-08 08:25 AM
    I'd say go for it and let us know how it comes out. there is one mobile keyboard made for the BB for $99. The one customer review was not favorable. It would sure be a nice thing to have for those time you have to type more than a sentence or two.
    06-06-08 09:21 AM
    'It's just hardware - shouldn't they "recognize" each other?'
    thats good, i needed a laugh hardware devices need drivers to know how to interact with each other, always. many devices are made to be compatible with fairly generic drivers that come preloaded on other devices, but thats still not a garuntee. to my knowledge, the bb does not have the capability to be a usb "host" controller, which means it will not recognize other devices plugged into it (it is a "device" class, not a "host" class like a pc).
    06-06-08 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD