I currently have a silicone case and a clear screen protector, but the silicone case is a little thicker than my liking. I'm starting to browse cases again. What is everyone's opinion? Hard case vs. soft skin, best brand, etc. I'm torn between hard and soft cases. I like silicone ones because they protect well, provide traction, and are quite cheap....however, unless most women who keep their phone in their bag, I often put mine in my back pant pocket and the friction from the silicone doesn't allow for that. Hard cases seem more heavy duty and can slide easily into pockets, however they tend to cost more, be bulkier, and I hate that when you drop them they get all scratched up (but hey, at least the phone is protected). Any thoughts?
    02-08-10 01:10 PM
    Give the incipio feather case a look
    02-08-10 01:23 PM
    Gotta be careful with hard cases. A lot of them can scratch the phone.

If I were you I would just get an epik case. Cheap, thin, and I don't think they have a lot of friction:
    02-08-10 01:44 PM
    i just ordered a hybrid from casemate, its half silicon and half hard plastic, best of both worlds.
    02-08-10 02:33 PM
    Give the incipio feather case a look
    Be careful with this case. It doesn't last very long even if you are careful. I've had mine for 2 weeks and it is already starting to crack. I like it though, that's the problem.
    02-08-10 02:36 PM
    Be careful with this case. It doesn't last very long even if you are careful. I've had mine for 2 weeks and it is already starting to crack. I like it though, that's the problem.
    Call Incipio and get it replaced. There was a bunch of Storm Feather cases that were cracking due to formulation and Incipio corrected the problem. The newer storm cases are a lot more durable.
    02-08-10 02:39 PM
    Gotta be careful with hard cases. A lot of them can scratch the phone.

If I were you I would just get an epik case. Cheap, thin, and I don't think they have a lot of friction:
    Bought one of these for my Tour and it is amazing. I second it.
    02-08-10 02:40 PM
    I bought a thin skin in lavender and a harder plastic case in a magenta color. Love the skin but not sure it is going to really protect the phone that much but it is better than nothing. The harder plastic case is nice but the color does rub off although there is a similiar color underneath so it might just be a clear coating rubbing off. Also there is color variation from the top piece and the bottom piece. ?? But the one big thing I find annoying about the hard case is that I like to have a spare battery charged and then switch them out and taking the harder case off is a pain to do as opposed to just slipping off the skin.
    02-08-10 03:16 PM
    Otterbox commuter.
    02-08-10 08:54 PM
    Hmm I'll have to check some of these out. The Epik case looks nice...

Thanks a lot!
    02-08-10 11:12 PM
    Call Incipio and get it replaced. There was a bunch of Storm Feather cases that were cracking due to formulation and Incipio corrected the problem. The newer storm cases are a lot more durable.
    Oh, well I hope their 8900 cases were fixed to, being I don't own a storm hehe.
    It was kind of my fault, I've been taking the phone out a lot to get to the media card, but now I just transfer files through bluetooth between my phone and computer.
    02-08-10 11:17 PM
    I'm loving my Case Mate Barely There case. Using it with a screenpatronus screen protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 11:19 PM
    Have a barely there on my 9700, and have used Otter and Seidio on previous devices. Received my Incipio Silicrylic today and am very impressed with it.
    02-08-10 11:24 PM
    I have the Seidio snap case for my 8530 and I love it.
    02-09-10 11:13 AM
    +1 for the Epik.

I have a few of those (go to www.Degasis.net - Authorized Reseller of Epik Resin Phone Cases for Blackberry Iphone Etc.) and I also have used the Case-mate barely there. It's great if you don't like a lot of bulk from cases, but not so great if you drop your phone a lot. It doesn't cover the bottom or top edges.

I just ordered the Case-mate hybrid case. I'm waiting for it to arrive to see how much I like that one. It looks like a good mix between the two. Unfortunately it's a little pricey.

The epik cases are really great cases though. They protect the phone, don't add a lot of bulk, and since they aren't silicone they don't get all that lint stuck to them.
    02-09-10 01:42 PM
    Worth noting that the otterbox impact collects a lot less lint than most of the silicone cases I've seen.

Nice thing about the epik is that it doesn't cover the led area though.
    02-09-10 01:50 PM
    I use the small leather case for my new Bold, same style that I used on my curve. Simple case and keeps the BB from getting scratched..
    02-09-10 01:53 PM
    I have an oem silicone case and I love it.I am thinking about getting another one soon, same type but a different colour.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-10-10 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD