I've noticed that since I've had my new Bold 9700 (about two weeks), every third or fourth time that I plug in the miniUSB charger (both with a car adapter and with the AC) my device resets and sometimes it doesn't reboot unless I pull the USB out. I'm defiintely going to return this unit, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this.
    12-10-09 11:41 PM
    I've noticed that since I've had my new Bold 9700 (about two weeks), every third or fourth time that I plug in the miniUSB charger (both with a car adapter and with the AC) my device resets and sometimes it doesn't reboot unless I pull the USB out. I'm defiintely going to return this unit, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this.
    Two times today when I put my phone in the charging pod. Screen went black and I had to do a battery pull to reset. Haven't had any problems after that...so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 12:29 AM
    The first time I used the charger supplied in the box, my device rebooted. But since then, I haven't had any.
    12-11-09 04:09 AM
    I had this same issue on my 8900. It was strange and happened without any kind of rhyme or reason. At the time I was trying different leaked os's and became convinced that it was 100% software related. I'm on the 9700 and still have that anxiety, but it has yet to happen. I suggest changing out the os and seeing how it plays.

Good luck.
    12-11-09 01:48 PM
    it does sound like a defective unit it shouldn't be doing that it doesn't do it for me at all..
    12-11-09 01:49 PM
    I say exchange it. I have had the USB connection go bad and it means your device is toast. They are soldered to the board and if they come loose you can not charge or sysnc via USB.

In the future get you a charging pod. It will take all the wear off of your USB so you can save it for the occasion sync rather that daily charging
    12-11-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD