I can use a 4 pole cable plugged into my iPod, to play video and audio on a TV or a projector. So I was wondering if the same thing could be done with a Storm or other BB device.

I just read the Storm Specs and it stated there was a 4 pole head phone jack. The 4 pole is what is on devices that are able to transmit video. Now I just need someone to comfirm whether videos can be transmitted from a BlackBerry via a cable directly to a projector or tv.

Example of cable:
    Wholesale Computer Products | Hardware | Electronics | Parts

(Please don't respond and say use Impatic Showmate, that device cost $200+. For that price + BB, I might as well buy a laptop. And the Showmate won't do video.)
    11-18-08 08:50 AM
    It would be nice wouldn't it, but sadly I don't think RIM tought of this. No other BB to date has had this capability and the specs only state Stereo 3.5mm plug. Sorry.
    11-18-08 09:21 AM
    havent seen any storm specs that mention 4 pole jack... where did you see this?
    11-18-08 09:29 AM
    Ground, Left audio, Right audio, Microphone

Not to say they couldn't wire it up for dual functionality, but it'd be expensive, bug-prone and pretty much unlikely.

Bob
    11-18-08 09:33 AM
    That would be straight up bada$$!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 10:37 AM
    havent seen any storm specs that mention 4 pole jack... where did you see this?
    I really did see the specs somewhere about the 4 pole connector, but I cannot find it now that you asked.
    11-18-08 10:40 AM
    Ground, Left audio, Right audio, Microphone

Not to say they couldn't wire it up for dual functionality, but it'd be expensive, bug-prone and pretty much unlikely.

Bob
    Would that be an internal wiring issue or could software be written to output video to the 3.5mm jack?

I've run video and done slide shows to TV and directly to a projector with my iPod video using that cable pictured in the first post of this thread. It works great.

BB should have thought of this. I mean that would really make the BB a power house device for running slide shows, videos, and Power Point (without buying the $200+ Impatic Showmate).
    11-18-08 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD