I am way behind the curve here, but where would I find simple, ding-a-ling type ring tones, some of which dingaling to an actual song? In other words, a ring tone that rings, instead of singing to me or playing the orchestral version of some theme song.

Back in the pioneer days, I had a "Take Me Out to the Ball game" ring tone that came free with my primitive phone. There was no voice, no instrumentation, just the dingaling from the phone. I've not been able to find another one like it. When I search for this particualr ring tone, I get country western singers singing the song, or choruses of children, or what have you.

In any case, this has led me to the general question in Paragraph 1.

Thanks.
    03-10-08 04:30 PM
    03-10-08 04:44 PM
    Thanks, sunkast, for the suggestions. These are not what I was looking for, but I'm grateful for the effort.
    03-12-08 11:41 PM
    So you're looking for monophonic tones?

I want a mono *beep* and a mono *beep beep* for my pager profile...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 07:17 PM
    Try freeringers.net I have used them for over two years with never a problem or spam. It cost about $8.00 per year and well worth it when you see how much it cost to buy ring tones from various wireless providers.
    They also have wall papers and screensavers.
    You probably could find "Take me out the ball game."
    DA
    03-15-08 11:11 AM
    The best way to find a ringtone you want is google. Just type in exactly what you want and make sure you mention free and you're there!! That's how I get EVERYTHING!

03-15-08 11:39 AM
    Whts wrong with the ringtones tht come with the BB? Since you want generic tones you can use those?

03-15-08 11:49 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I am pursuing them as we speak.

To respond to a couple of the questions above, probably monophonic *is* what I am looking for, but a few of the polyphonic tones are fine. There is nothing "wrong" with the included Bb ringtones; I do use several of them, of course. They just aren't what I want in enough variety to let me personalize the tone of each of the people I want; I like to know who's calling by the ring, not just by the screen ID. When I get the "standard" ring, I know it's not a call from a very specific group of people. For some of these people, there are songs that would in fact be individually appropriate, so that's what I'm looking for. And I don't want my "phone" to sing to me unless I am actually listening to songs (i.e., not using it as a phone!).

Crusty of me, I realize.
    03-16-08 03:53 PM
    The best way to find a ringtone you want is google. Just type in exactly what you want and make sure you mention free and you're there!! That's how I get EVERYTHING!

Precisely. Google is your friend. I was looking for the same thing and lo and behold, found a few.
    03-16-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD