I use to be able to just apply a picture I took as wall paper. But now when I do that only a tip of the wall paper shows behind the current theme displayed.

Why? I love this phone but at times, you need a BB PhD!

How do I change to wall paper with a picture I took? Please help!
    11-11-10 03:54 PM
    I use to be able to just apply a picture I took as wall paper. But now when I do that only a tip of the wall paper shows behind the current theme displayed.

Why? I love this phone but at times, you need a BB PhD!

How do I change to wall paper with a picture I took? Please help!
    You should be able to set it from the BB menu while you're in the Pictures folder; am I understanding you're saying this doesn't work anymore? And is this a new theme or one that you had on your device and this developed after?
    11-11-10 05:20 PM
    You should be able to set it from the BB menu while you're in the Pictures folder; am I understanding you're saying this doesn't work anymore? And is this a new theme or one that you had on your device and this developed after?
    I agree. To the OP, are you able to change your BB theme to one that was installed when you got your phone?

Also, did you delete any of the default themes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 07:44 PM
    am I understanding you're saying this doesn't work anymore? And is this a new theme or one that you had on your device and this developed after?

Correct. This is a new theme I purchased but I always keep this one on as I like it the best but when I want wallpaper instead of that theme, it goes behind it.

I agree. To the OP, are you able to change your BB theme to one that was installed when you got your phone?

Also, did you delete any of the default themes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think you are right! I just put the default theme in and now I can use my wallpaper!

Good Grief. Thanks so much Guys!!
    11-12-10 03:45 PM
    Correct. This is a new theme I purchased but I always keep this one on as I like it the best but when I want wallpaper instead of that theme, it goes behind it.

I think you are right! I just put the default theme in and now I can use my wallpaper!

Good Grief. Thanks so much Guys!!
    Oh - I think I'm following now. Your theme isn't wallpaper-friendly; your wallpaper is there but because of the theme's look it obscures the wallpaper.
    11-12-10 05:04 PM
    Oh - I think I'm following now. Your theme isn't wallpaper-friendly; your wallpaper is there but because of the theme's look it obscures the wallpaper.

YES! You are good! So How does one make sure their theme IS wallpaper friendly?
    11-13-10 06:43 AM
    YES! You are good! So How does one make sure their theme IS wallpaper friendly?
    Some authors will outright label some themes "wallpaper friendly"; otherwise try close observation of screenshots. It's not an easy science, trust me. >.< What I look for is icons that slide/hide, or or if they're static then they're out of the way. Also having an idea of how many icons on the screen you know you must have can help rule out some themes that would wind up annoying you.
    11-13-10 09:53 AM
    Also having an idea of how many icons on the screen you know you must have can help rule out some themes that would wind up annoying you.
    And boy can one get annoyed with the BB! Seriously. You need a pHd to learn this little machine!!

I love it though!

I learned all about my ipad quicker than this phone.
    11-20-10 06:29 AM
    Yeah I noticed when I got the 8330, that it( at least on the most current OS) seems to have a lot of problems with wallpaper. Even with the factory theme in use, I would constantly get a white screen in the background of my apps menu. Or on the apps menu I would get a picture of the factory themes wallpaper, instead of the wallpaper that I would have on the homescreen. Theme's seem to have a even harder time keeping wallpaper up correctly.

Never had this problem on any other BB's so far, so it seems to be either the 8330 or that new OS.
    11-20-10 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD