I was wondering if anyone can post pics of their 8330 with the "revised" case that fits the LED properly. I ordered mine through Amazon and over half of the LED is covered sigh.

After doing my research on this site and others, apparently there is a new version made for the 8330. But when I called otterbox, the person I spoke to had never heard of it. I wanted to see pics or maybe a comparison of the 8330 case
    This way I can have some proof and argue my point better with their customer service heh.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 03:45 PM
    I doubt they would make two versions, simply because of the LED placement. I think they purpose made it so half would show on a CDMA phone, and half would show on a GSM phone. With half of it covered, it still lights up my bedroom, and I have to flip the phone face down.
    10-14-08 12:03 AM
    So an update to this, my girlfriend has the T mobile curve and the otteerbox fits perfectly.
    When the otterbox is on my verizon curve, only half of LED is covered which makes it only viewable from certain angles

10-14-08 01:23 PM
    T-Mobile is a GSM version, Verizon is CDMA. I'm sure you could drill it out if you really needed to see the LED. It's not like you are going to see the LED when it is in its holster anyways.
    10-14-08 11:24 PM
    Mine fits over the led fine but is a tad loose all around. I emailed them today after seeing another member having the same issue I was. They responded promptly and are sending me out a new black rubber cover free of charge and with free shipping. No questions asked and their customer service based on my experience is top notch. I had 0 issues and had to explain really nothing to them. They will respond quickly to ressolve the matter as well.
    Last edited by mrhiker101; 10-15-08 at 07:35 PM.
    10-15-08 06:46 PM
    I have just put an OtterBox on my 8330 and see the issue with the blinking light too. Even the plastic case covers the blinking light half way so don't think just replacing the rubber cover will help. I can still see enough of the light for it to be usable.

The thing that concerns me more is the open hole in top of the case. On Verizon's 8330 there is no connector there and it could let water and dust in. I called them and they said they only made one model for the Curve and it has the hole there. Don't know if it is there for speaker phone or not. If anybody knows why it is there and if there is a reason to leave it open, please post a Reply.

I'm not using the clear membrane as I am mainly concerned with protection when dropped.
    Last edited by metreece; 10-17-08 at 10:10 AM.
    10-17-08 10:07 AM
    I'm noticing a flaw with the otterbox case for the 8330. Is anyone experience problems with the lower part of the rubber coming off whenever the phone is taken out of its slide holster? Its the lip that its just over the spot where the verizon sign is supposed to be seems to be.

Didn't happen at first but it seems to happen once the case has been in use for a few weeks or so...

not the biggest of problems but definitely very annoying cus u have to continuously press the rubber back in btwn the plastic every single time u "deholster" the device
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 11-02-08 at 12:28 PM.
    11-02-08 12:25 PM
    I'm noticing a flaw with the otterbox case for the 8330. Is anyone experience problems with the lower part of the rubber coming off whenever the phone is taken out of its slide holster? Its the lip that its just over the spot where the verizon sign is supposed to be seems to be.

Didn't happen at first but it seems to happen once the case has been in use for a few weeks or so...

not the biggest of problems but definitely very annoying cus u have to continuously press the rubber back in btwn the plastic every single time u "deholster" the device
    Mine has been doing that today. It never happened during the warmer months. I'll have to get them to send me a new one.
    11-04-08 11:46 AM
    The same thing has been happenening to me. I hate buying stuff that I have to send back!!!
    11-06-08 02:21 PM
    have they ben giving out rubbers for free???
    11-26-08 09:14 PM
    I am aware of how that sounded, LOL
    11-26-08 09:15 PM
    since I got mine thru the verizon store they said I would have to fed ex it back with the receipt to get a replacement. Since its been more than a month, I dont have neither. And at the store, they said they don't carry it so they can't do it there either.
    11-29-08 11:06 AM
    I have went through 2 (now on my third "Layer 3" (rubber)) for the otterbox. Original purchased was through online Verizon store. First one was coming undone as stated above. I called otterbox and informed them of were I bought it, and described the issue. New "rubber" arrived about a week later. New one was perfect, fit very snug. I ended up snagging the flap that covers the charging port...ripped it clean off. I called Otterbox again and explained to the the honest truth. No questions asked the shipped a new one out to me. Received it just in time to not need it due to purchaing the Storm.
    My point is they are a very easy company to deal with. If I asked for them to send me the whole case, then I could see why they would want proof of a purchase.

Just an FYI... They will be making a case for the storm (verified by an employee named Harrison ) some time by the end of 2008 begining of 2009. He said to keep checking the web site.
    12-06-08 08:42 PM
    12-06-08 09:00 PM
    holy dam, does that go in ur pocket?
    12-07-08 02:19 PM
    Of course not it comes with it's own holster.
    12-07-08 02:42 PM
    I've learned to live with my 8330's limpy rubber casing. For the last 5 of the 6 months I've had the Otterbox, its been like that. First time I unholstered it the rubber failed.

12-07-08 05:02 PM
    Of course not it comes with it's own holster.
    so not a fashion accessory lol
    12-07-08 10:49 PM
    looks like batman! LOL
    12-14-08 09:21 PM
    D: that thing is so massive. You could defeat your enemies with it.
    12-16-08 09:33 AM
    I always enjoy reading comments from those who see the Otterbox for the first time. Yeah, it's kinda big, no, it won't easily fit in your pocket, no, it's not really a fashion statement kind of accessory. But, if you've used one and find yourself in environments just a bit more exciting than the office cube from time to time you will appreciate the value of this case. There is a level of confidence that your expensive phone and it's even more valuable contents will survive some pretty rough conditions when safely inside an OtterBox. It's not all that big really, and it comes off in a few seconds if you want the sleeker "bare" look now and then.

Also, the OtterBox support is as good as it gets... I had the same outside rubber cover stretch issue that others have had and a simple email from their website got me an almost instant, no questions asked, response with a no-charge invoice and UPS tracking number for the replacement part.

I think it's maybe the ugliest thing I've ever loved.
    12-17-08 09:50 AM
    Yep I got mine a couple days ago and love it. Good quality and fit. Its a little bigger but for the amount of protection it adds, its well worth it

Last edited by kcdee00; 12-23-08 at 03:23 PM.
    12-23-08 03:21 PM
    I have an Otterbox for my Curve 8330 and I love it except for the cheap plastic thing that covers the front and the back. My buddy has an otter box for his pearl and he dropped his in water one drunk evening and now all the phone will do is take pictures. Its pretty funny actually... The phone turns on, fires up the camera and starts snapping pics off. After I witness that I ditched the plastic cover, got an invisibleshield and put the otter box back on. Seems to work pretty good.
    12-30-08 12:21 PM
    Does the otterbox clip have the magnet that puts the phone in standby????
    Last edited by comptechltd; 01-03-09 at 02:34 AM.
    01-03-09 02:31 AM
    A few points...

To answer comptechltd....Yes it does.

"Pocketable". Actually yes. If I am not wearing a belt (no holster) I stick it in my front jeans pocket. Not gonna happen if you wear "skintights" but with regular fit jeans...no problem.

The OB will also ride just fine in a dress shirt pocket.

I have a Super cell store here in town that for 1 year will replace my OtterBox no questions asked. Apparently that is all AT&T Super Cells. She even said bring it back for replacement if it get's too dirty!! After that year you of course have the OB lifetime warranty to fall back on.

The Curve 8310 in "3 way protection" mode....weighs 5.9 oz. (I just weighed it). It's chunky....but definitely worth it for the protection it affords.

Bo
    01-03-09 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD