whats with the ring tones on 6.0 for the Bold?? on 5.0 I could just scroll through the list of sounds and pick which ones I want.. on 6.0 you can't scroll through all the sounds, and you have to click on each sound to try and hear it.. I can't really figure it out.....

is it just me??
    09-18-10 07:56 PM
    no no no no its happening to me also, theres a list of about 10 tones and then if u wanna go for more there an option at the bottom for that, and even then u have to click menu, then play. plus all the tones really suck for 6.0.......LOL...seriously
    09-18-10 08:14 PM
    haha i was just complaining about the same thing..i wish they were still the os5 ringtones
    09-18-10 08:43 PM
    lol I can't disagree with either of you 3, but I think we can all agree it's something we can deal with for having a leaked OS 6?
    09-18-10 08:43 PM
    Yeah sure. Absolutely. I just wish my internet worked. Bedides being on wifi. It won't connect sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 08:54 PM
    Uh god your right. I hadn't even messed with ringers yet. Classic Phone Remix is what I'm using now but even that is horrible.
    09-19-10 01:40 AM
    That's the way it is with OS 6. It works the exact same with the Torch. Unneccessary steps if you ask me.
    09-19-10 07:12 AM
    i thought 6.0 was to make things easier .. never did i think ring tones would be so messed up on 6.0! lol
    09-19-10 09:34 AM
    Ring tones made me a bit surprised as well. I noticed however that BlackBerry 6 displays only "ringers" in the drop down menu when selecting a ring tone. Makes sense doesn't it? Now when you choose the option to view all alerts, you'll notice when playing them back in the Music application that some are "reminders" and some are "notifiers". The software picks only those labeled as "ringers" and displays them in the drop down menu. You all are used to having everything viewable, but I think it's good this way as a notifier/reminder will rarely work well as a ringer. Get what I mean? Now what made me quite sad was when I found out that some true classics were discarded. I really liked Tune_Calypso and Tune_Down2Business. I grew up using them since firmware 4.2 on the 8700c. Ever since I've only used those two as my main ringers, and now they're gone! Thankfully I still have that familiar tune for the alarm clock, Antelope. If they had removed Antelope as well I would for that reason alone have downgraded to firmware 5

Hope this makes sense.
    09-19-10 11:30 AM
    You can open Ring Tones in the media section and scroll through all the ringers, notifiers etc. by pushing the forward or backward key and then click the BB button and select set as ringer in the drop down menu. Not too hard, just a different way to do it.
    Last edited by RBBB; 09-19-10 at 08:16 PM.
    09-19-10 08:11 PM
    whats with the ring tones on 6.0 for the Bold?? on 5.0 I could just scroll through the list of sounds and pick which ones I want.. on 6.0 you can't scroll through all the sounds, and you have to click on each sound to try and hear it.. I can't really figure it out.....

is it just me??
    Interesting, I'm scrolling with no issues through all ring tones. Hitting a letter takes me to those ring tones beginning with whatever letter is selected. On my final install reinstall (4 attempts) I did remove the default OS 6 ring tones and media pictures (Those files were about 5400 in size). No issues on ring tones on this end.
    09-20-10 05:49 AM
    Ring tones made me a bit surprised as well. I noticed however that BlackBerry 6 displays only "ringers" in the drop down menu when selecting a ring tone. Makes sense doesn't it? Now when you choose the option to view all alerts, you'll notice when playing them back in the Music application that some are "reminders" and some are "notifiers". The software picks only those labeled as "ringers" and displays them in the drop down menu. You all are used to having everything viewable, but I think it's good this way as a notifier/reminder will rarely work well as a ringer. Get what I mean? Now what made me quite sad was when I found out that some true classics were discarded. I really liked Tune_Calypso and Tune_Down2Business. I grew up using them since firmware 4.2 on the 8700c. Ever since I've only used those two as my main ringers, and now they're gone! Thankfully I still have that familiar tune for the alarm clock, Antelope. If they had removed Antelope as well I would for that reason alone have downgraded to firmware 5

Hope this makes sense.
    I have these classic ringers that you miss if you would like I'd be happy to email them to you.
    09-27-10 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD