does anyone have any advice on putting a phantomskin on the tour... I saw all the forums and whatnot and went to the website to watch a tutorial...

but really, anyone have anymore tips? I'm about to do it and dont want to mess the phone up.

I know some people will say to go to a kiosk in the mall but there are NO phantom skin kiosks near me...

thanks!
    09-15-09 12:43 PM
    im in the same situation, the skin has been sitting on my desk for days now haha.
    ill do it... soon enough...
    i just always need my bloody phone!
    09-15-09 12:55 PM
    The biggest tip I can give you is to take your time when applying the skin. It will take anywhere between 45 minutes to a hour and a half so alot the necessary amount of time to do the install. Additionally, let your phone dry overnight before turning the device back on.
    09-15-09 12:59 PM
    i installed the first skin on my tour, it began to lift in a few days. i removed it and installed the second one, this one is lifting worse, but in far less places. take your time, the parts that cover the chrome on the top and bottom are a real pain. i can never seem to get them aligned correctly. screen still has the annoying lines in it...
    09-15-09 01:01 PM
    No lifting here and it's been on my Tour for a month now. I do want to redo at least one of the pieces though (the top one that covers the camera and part of the top bezel). I will say that it took me a very long time to do it. Uncoordinated or being overly cautious. I wouldn't be far off if I said it took me 3 hours to do the full body!!
    09-15-09 11:40 PM
    I like the rice trick to dry out the rainbow marks left from the water on the screen. Just have A LOT of patience!
    09-16-09 01:44 AM
    hmm skin on 9630 i don't think i would have the patience to do it hehe
    09-16-09 03:47 AM
    I just put them on my Storm the other night, and the 45 minute + estimate is pretty fair. I think it took me just a little over 45 minutes to do it, but that's also after years of experience applying similar decal sets to small models with tweezers

I've only got two problem spots, both on the same end of the phone, on rounded chrome parts... just didn't get them lined up exactly right, but they aren't bothersome enough to worry about for now. If they really start peeling off, I'll redo it, but it's livable... they really aren't noticeable at all unless you're really looking for them... just annoys my inner perfectionist/OCD.

Just take time, and if you obviously screw up, you can always peel them back off, dip in the water and redo...

I'm not sure how well they re-apply after being on and dried a few days, but at least during installation it's a breeze to just remove and reseat.
    09-17-09 12:53 PM
    From reading around it seems like the chrome accent pieces are the most difficult to apply. Let's hope I have relatively good luck once my Phantom Skinz arrive. >_>
    09-22-09 02:53 PM
    From reading around it seems like the chrome accent pieces are the most difficult to apply. Let's hope I have relatively good luck once my Phantom Skinz arrive. >_>
    Yeah the chrome pieces were so annoying to install that I just gave up on it. It just wouldn't stick for me. But I use cases most of the time now so my PS is on my screen, top, and buttons.
    09-22-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD