Hello, I have a 8130 Pearl. I would love to play it through my car stereo system. I have a basic factory stereo with a CD. It there any way I can do this or am I fooling myself? I know they have the things that you plug into and have to have the same radio station on but those get a lot of static. Is this possible through a bluetooth device that is used for making calls? What are my options? Thank you everyone.
    Barb
    02-08-09 08:06 PM
    I would love to know this answer as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 09:30 PM
    Hello, I have a 8130 Pearl. I would love to play it through my car stereo system. I have a basic factory stereo with a CD. It there any way I can do this or am I fooling myself? I know they have the things that you plug into and have to have the same radio station on but those get a lot of static. Is this possible through a bluetooth device that is used for making calls? What are my options? Thank you everyone.
    Barb
    what you should do is get an FM Modulator and an RCA-to-Mini cable, then all you have to do is run the FM Modulator between the radio and the antenna, then run the RCA-to-Mini cable from the FM Modulator to the headphone jack on your Pearl. also, keep in mind that depending on the make and model of your car, you may (translation: most likely) need some type of antenna adapter. if you're going to have this installed at a car audio installation center, they should be able to supply this adapter, but will obviously charge you for it...

Amazon.com: Scosche Audio FM Modulator - Universal: Electronics

and

For only $0.57 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Plug/2 RCA Plug cable - 6ft | 3.5mm/RCA Audio Cables

will produce...

all you would do is plug the 3.5mm end (which you should obviously have mounted in an easy to access area) into the headset jack on your Pearl...

and as far as "those getting a lot of static" that's actually not true at all. the only ones that produce a lot of static are wireless ones, for various reasons, but wired FM modulators work differently and are as close to perfect as you will find. just remember this, manufacturers have been producing RF CD changers that connect to factory head units for over 15 years, and an RF CD changer only loses about 2 or 3 percent sound quality (which is so little, only a trained ear will even really be able to notice the difference, and even that's arguable) over an actual in-dash CD player...

EDIT: now this is all taking into consideration the CD player you're using now isn't an RF CD Changer...
    Last edited by VxExLxVxExT; 02-20-09 at 11:59 PM.
    02-20-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD