Hi,

I have bought a Blackberry Swivel Holster for Pearl 3g - OEM HDW-29557-001.
    It seems good quality and appears to put the phone to sleep when I insert it into the holster. Two questions though, if anyone out there can help:

1. There doesn't seem to be any in-holster profile available as one of the supplied profiles on the phone - I'm running version 6 of the Blackberry OS. Should I be able to view/edit such a profile?

2. There doesn't seem to be any groove in the holster to protect the trackpad. Should there be?
    07-20-11 05:39 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

Two good questions…

1. There isn't really an in-holster profile. Within each Profile, for each notification type you can specify whether or not it vibrates in-holster.
    And remember you can also make custom Profiles too.
    There are also holster customizations in Phone options, Messages options, and Password options, to auto-answer coming out of holster, auto-open newest message coming out of holster, or initiate Password-Lock going into holster, respectively.

2. The holsters for older BBs with trackballs had grooves, but no you don't need one for the current devices with trackpads.

Hope I helped!
    07-28-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD