Hi Forum:

I have 8830WE, and will be traveling to China, Macau, and Hong Kong for the next two weeks. Since electrical outlets and voltage (220 V), do I need to buy any converters for my BB? Any response would be helpful, and thanks in advance.
    05-10-10 02:21 PM
    Blackberrys ship with a corded UPS (Universal Power Supply). If you look at the rating on the transformer, you should see something like 100-250V AC input. You will just need to adapt it to plug into the outlets where you go. China's outlets are unique to them. I have found most hotels in China have a 120V outlet in the bathroom for electric shavers that charges your BB very nicely.

Hong Kong has outlets in the bathroom too. However, the box your 8830 came in should include a UK style adapter for your corded charger (big one with big square pins) that will work.

Macau was controlled by Portugal, I've never been there but I am guessing it will have EU style receptacles.
    Last edited by Mr_4by4; 05-10-10 at 02:52 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    05-10-10 02:51 PM
    Hi Forum:

I have 8830WE, and will be traveling to China, Macau, and Hong Kong for the next two weeks. Since electrical outlets and voltage (220 V), do I need to buy any converters for my BB? Any response would be helpful, and thanks in advance.
    As the previous reply stated, voltage is not an issue. I have been carrying one of these for several years all over the world. It does not change voltage, just adapts the plug for you. The new ones I have seen even have USB plugs too.
    05-10-10 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. I was worried about voltage, but now I can be rest assured.
    05-10-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD