Im having trouble choosing between the otterbox commuter case and the casemate hybrid case. Ive done a search and cant find anything comparing the two cases. Im getting ready to buy a case for my phone and am stuck between the two. Any input would be great thanks
    01-03-11 04:06 PM
    i would go with the otterbox commuter case. The two cases are essentially the same, but otterbox has a proven track record as being a very good product and a great company with awesome customer service.
    01-03-11 04:41 PM
    I just ordered my son an Otterbox Commuter case for his Bold 9650 also. The Defender looked to bulky, but like Jump, I was having a hard time deciding with my son as well which one to go with. So I got the Ot-Comm from Amazon.com on sale for like $21-22. It should be here by Tues or Wed. Once I get it onto my sons bb I'll post back & let you know how it is. if I get a chance I'll post a couple of pixs also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 04:53 PM
    Ok thanks to the both of you. I didn't know I could get the case for so cheap on amazon, I'm going to have to look into that. I think ill go with the otterbox I've read some pretty good things about how they can handle a lot of abuse

01-03-11 04:57 PM
    I would go otterbox commute althoug it may be a little bulkier its a beter and sturdier case
    01-03-11 05:36 PM
    Ok thanks to the both of you. I didn't know I could get the case for so cheap on amazon, I'm going to have to look into that. I think ill go with the otterbox I've read some pretty good things about how they can handle a lot of abuse

there's a lot of stuff for cell accessories on Amazon.com, not just blackberries, that you can get for cheap. I use it when I need a candied silicone cover, gel silicone covers, snap on covers etc. They are cheap! also, I have used them for 2+yrs as well & I've never had a prob or ever had to return something.
    here is the link directly to the otterbox commuter case on Amazon, but view it from a laptop/desktop computer
    AMAZON.COM OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-03-11 at 06:03 PM.
    jumpoff609 likes this.
    01-03-11 05:47 PM
    there's a lot of stuff for cell accessories on Amazon.com, not just blackberries, that you can get for cheap. I use it when I need a candied silicone cover, gel silicone covers, snap on covers etc. They are cheap! also, I have used them for 2+yrs as well & I've never had a prob or ever had to return something.
    here is the link directly to the otterbox commuter case on Amazon, but view it from a laptop/desktop computer
    AMAZON.COM OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE

I totally agree!
    01-03-11 06:10 PM
    p1nkd1am0nds you are so helpful your the best
    01-03-11 07:34 PM
    Otterbox Commuter works great for me. I would highly recommend.
    01-03-11 07:48 PM
    Commuter vs Hybrid Tough Case? Same bulk, nearly identical design; hybrid costs a little less and has a few color selections, Commuter has a proven track record. Neither are as bulky as the Otterbox Defender and actually fit quite well in the pockets, as long as whatever you're wearing isn't spray-painted on.

+1 on procuring from Amazon for either case.

01-03-11 07:53 PM
    p1nkd1am0nds you are so helpful your the best
    oh thank you! But hey, I help out however I can here on CB

01-03-11 08:20 PM
    Commuter vs Hybrid Tough Case? Same bulk, nearly identical design; hybrid costs a little less and has a few color selections, Commuter has a proven track record. Neither are as bulky as the Otterbox Defender and actually fit quite well in the pockets, as long as whatever you're wearing isn't spray-painted on

+1 on procuring from Amazon for either case.

lmao at that "spray-painted on" comment!

01-03-11 08:22 PM
    Like others the Otterbox is the way to go. I have had Casemate items before and they have worked well without any problems however I have had nothing but good dealings with the Otterbox company.

Last year I was using a iPhone 3GS in an otterbox defender and I accidentally backed into a cinder block wall when I was moving stuff into a friend's basement and tore into the rubber skin of the case. The phone and the plastic case portion was perfect and safe but the rubber skin was terrible looking. I contacted Otterbox in order to buy a new outer skin and they simply asked me for my address and sent me a new skin for free. I was willing to pay for the skin since I caused the issue but they sent me one for free. This shows Otterbox stands by their products.

good luck
    01-03-11 08:41 PM
    Like others the Otterbox is the way to go. I have had Casemate items before and they have worked well without any problems however I have had nothing but good dealings with the Otterbox company.

Last year I was using a iPhone 3GS in an otterbox defender and I accidentally backed into a cinder block wall when I was moving stuff into a friend's basement and tore into the rubber skin of the case. The phone and the plastic case portion was perfect and safe but the rubber skin was terrible looking. I contacted Otterbox in order to buy a new outer skin and they simply asked me for my address and sent me a new skin for free. I was willing to pay for the skin since I caused the issue but they sent me one for free. This shows Otterbox stands by their products.

good luck
    your poor iPhone! Luckily it was unhurt-lol. This is good to know - you caused the damage, BUT Otterbox was willing to stand behind their product and replace it at no charge to you. Shows that they want to keep their customers happy.
    01-04-11 08:19 AM
    Does anybody know if I'd be able to use an extended battery with this case, maybe if I just put the battery and leave the battery door off? I read in another forum that someone was using the two together but I can't find it and I'm not sure how they got it to fit.

01-04-11 01:11 PM
    Does anybody know if I'd be able to use an extended battery with this case, maybe if I just put the battery and leave the battery door off? I read in another forum that someone was using the two together but I can't find it and I'm not sure how they got it to fit.

Jump, I don't think you'd be able to use an exten batt even if you left the back door off because the Ot case fits snug & the exten batt w/need to stick out. Ya know what I mean? UNLESS, someone has actually done this with sucess, but its doesn't seem doable.

01-04-11 01:16 PM
    Unfortunately it won't fit unless you are using one of Seidio extended battery that is the same size as the original

seidioonline.com

Probably only battery that would fit but I wouldn't say it worth $50 for an extra 100mAh
    01-04-11 01:16 PM
    That's what I was thinking I was just curious since someone else said they've done it

01-04-11 01:26 PM
    That's what I was thinking I was just curious since someone else said they've done it

Would have to have been the extended seidio battery that's like 1700mh or else they were pulling your leg.

01-04-11 04:57 PM
    I'd say Otterbox Cummuter
    01-05-11 11:12 AM
    Jump, I don't think you'd be able to use an exten batt even if you left the back door off because the Ot case fits snug & the exten batt w/need to stick out. Ya know what I mean? UNLESS, someone has actually done this with sucess, but its doesn't seem doable.

Otterbox commuter works fine with the Seidio extended battery.

1) Don't install the extended door that comes with it.
    2) Cut the inner silicon sleeve around the battery.
    3) Snap on the hard plastic shell

Works perfectly - been using it for several weeks now.
    01-05-11 12:30 PM
    That's perfect, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks kenorian

01-05-11 01:02 PM
    Otterbox commuter works fine with the Seidio extended battery.

1) Don't install the extended door that comes with it.
    2) Cut the inner silicon sleeve around the battery.
    3) Snap on the hard plastic shell

Works perfectly - been using it for several weeks now.
    ohh so you're a real jack of trades eh? Lol. I'm kidding with you!
    You found a way to make it work
    My sons case came 2day-when he gets home later & puts it on I'll try & get some pix of it to post

01-05-11 01:19 PM
    I'd say Otterbox Cummuter
    Just got my otterbox commuter from amazon yesterday. Great case and don't add extra bulk at all. The next question is how many people have a screen protector ?

01-06-11 09:21 AM
    Ok so yesterday my extended battery came in, I put it in and looked at how much it stuck out and I don't see it fitting in an otterbox at all, so to the person who said it can be done I don't know how you did it, are the ebay extended batteries actually thicker than the seido ones?

01-09-11 03:38 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD