My Otterbox is coming in the mail today. Really excited to have a case for my Torch. Was wondering who already has the Otterbox and if they like it on the phone? Curious to see how the case works on a slider. Thanks.
    08-19-10 06:59 AM
    I bought mine a couple of days ago at the ATT store. I love it. It doesn't interfere with the sliding at all and it doesn't affect my typing. It certainly helps that I get 50% off at ATT store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 07:39 AM
    It works fine, doesn't get in the way of the slider or keys, but it does add some bulk to the device. For the protection you get however I think it is a worthy trade off.
    08-19-10 08:15 AM
    I love mine. I actually had a choice of the Case-Mate, AGF GRT, Otterbox and a generic case. I think the Otterbox is more sturdy of a case. The Case-Mate and AGF GRT ones seemed a little flimsy to me. I was glad they let me try each one to see which one I wanted. It is very easy to use the slider, and I don't have any issues with typing on the keyboard. I like how it has covers for the usb port to protect it. It does make the phone a little heavier, but not that bad. All in all, I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by rcalderaro; 08-19-10 at 08:43 AM.
    08-19-10 08:40 AM
    I do have it and I love it. As others said, it does add bulk and weight, but feels good in your hand.
    I wonder how it will work (or won't!) on the cradle. I still haven't got the cradle out...maybe I will this weekend. I suppose that it won't allow for the device to be charged on the cradle so I'll see....
    08-19-10 08:43 AM
    I looked at both the Otter and AGF at the ATT store and ended up buying the AGF. I just thought the Otterbox was too bulky..but to each his own.
    08-19-10 08:44 AM
    I found that the agf case was hard to slide.

08-19-10 08:46 AM
    The Otterbox and the Casemate available at AT&T store both have a top piece that interferes with the bottom keys and touchpad. You have to "adjust" the angle that you would normally use those keys to get over the bottom rim of the top piece. You can use the bottom piece only on the casemate, but $25 for a bottom piece is a bit much. I'm waiting for other alternatives.
    08-19-10 09:39 AM
    I just returned mine tonight. I didn't mind the extra weight or bulk because it's heavy duty construction save my old BB several times. The problem I had was the top snap on piece. The way it secured at the top of the screen put pressure on the gap between the phone and the screen and my phone developed a forward and backward screen wiggle when slid open that it didn't have when i got the phone. The wiggle is so bad that my screen rattles when I move it and the slide is up ( the guy at the AT&T Repair center told me to exchange the phone because the wiggle was not normal).
    I opted this time for a case that attatched to itself and not the phone. It is a little harder to slide open, but I can deal with that.
    08-20-10 10:35 PM
    the situation is this because the torch is an slider phone otterbox cant make a defender series to this phone. i think because of that they make this cover a little bulky.
    08-21-10 02:38 AM
    I love it. The top cover pops off kind of easily, so I might exchange it for another one, but all-in-all it's a top notch case!
    08-21-10 12:17 PM
    hhhhmmm.....I don't find that it interferes at all....I have very slim fingers????
    08-21-10 12:22 PM
    I returned the AGF because the right side kept coming off the rails every single time i used the slider. I tried the Otterobx but seemed too bulky for my liking so i went with the Black Casemate..so far so good!!!
    08-21-10 01:46 PM
    Would any of you guys mind posting pics??? All I have on mine as of now is a Zagg...
    08-21-10 01:59 PM
    Im waiting for Seidio... Will see!
    08-21-10 02:24 PM
    Would any of you guys mind posting pics??? All I have on mine as of now is a Zagg...
    Go to page 3 on Forum:
    Click on

Shop Crackberry Otter Box
    08-21-10 03:05 PM
    Got it with the Torch on day one its alright. It doesn't interfere with the operation of the phone or the slider. It is super bulky though. Its like two different devices. Sleek and sexy vs rugged and robust I wouldn't pay the $40 retail for it, but I'd certainly use it if it was given to me.

08-21-10 03:17 PM
    It's a good case and adds quite a bit of protection. It doesn't get in the way of anything for me, and I like the feel of the phone in it. The slight "wobble" is not at all noticeable with the cover on, at least not on my phone. The only downside is it makes the phone bigger and heavier, which you definitely notice when it's in your pocket.
    08-21-10 03:18 PM
    Got the otterbox the day before the Torch was released - got to try it on a demo device and everything but I took it back the next morning. After a week of he|l (in Laughlin,Nv on holiday) worrying about dropping the d@mn thing I went to an AT&T store - tried on every case they had and IMO the Otterbox was the best.

All the other cases felt/looked cheap and flimsy. I agree it adds a little bulk to the phone and its way over priced but there's no doubt its the best case available NOW.

Definitely looking forward to what other cases hit the market in the coming months!

08-21-10 06:55 PM
    I found that the agf case was hard to slide.

Same here. Took it back within a few hours. Got the Otter Box and I love it. I'll be in the field all next week training so It will get put to the test. Guns and blackberrys are a dangerous combination.
    08-21-10 07:04 PM
    Guns and blackberrys are a dangerous combination.
    so is pis*ed off girlfriends and Blackberrys...

08-21-10 07:08 PM
    so is pis*ed off girlfriends and Blackberrys...

Lol!! Been there, done that. I got my hand over top of it before she could slam a dictionary down on top.
    08-21-10 07:15 PM
    I have the Otter and it's cool. I agree its a bit bulky, but I rather me safe than sorry
    08-21-10 08:02 PM
    Otter Box is the way to go! The phone slides well in this case.
    08-21-10 11:47 PM
    I have the Casemate and abosultely HATE it!!!! The top piece for the slider pops off if I even LOOK at the phone too hard. This is definitely not the case for a clumsy person like myself. Dropped my phone & the case did NOTHING to protect it, so now there's a little scratch on my baby

I can't stand how HUGE the OtterBox is though... I need another type of case to come out QUICK!
    08-26-10 12:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD