My department just issued me a Bold 9700 with an Otterbox Defender case...they're trying to protect their investment. Any recommendations on a pouch that the phone with the case will fit in and I can put on my rig?
    04-19-10 03:47 PM
    you don't really need a pouch with an otterbox... especially the defender.. i just put it in my pocket without the clip.. if i take it out of the otter it still looks like the day i bought it.. what do you mean by rig?
    04-19-10 03:50 PM
    .... what do you mean by rig?

Sorry should have been more specific....

My gun belt. I am a law enforcement officer and need a pouch for my Bold in a Defender case that I can put on a 2 1/2" belt.

The Otterbox came with a clip but it doesn't hold the phone very well.
    04-19-10 04:40 PM
    maybe take the measurements of the phone with the otter and look for a pouch on google that meets those specs..i found this site e-BeltPouch Cell Phone Belt Holster with Ballistic Nylon Cell Phone Case hopefully it helps.. if not just remember google can be your best friend oh and hey! thanks for doing what you do!
    04-19-10 04:51 PM
    ... if not just remember google can be your best friend oh and hey! thanks for doing what you do!
    Thanx, fedge! I searched Google and found > Welcome to the Ripoffs division of US Armor They make pouches with a clip for just about any small electronic device, from phones to "Walkman"...yeah they have a pouch for a "Walkman".

And no need to thank me...I have the best job in the world.

BTW - the e-BeltPouch is cool looking phone pouch.
    Last edited by rayrey10; 04-20-10 at 10:37 PM.
    04-20-10 10:34 PM
    Otterbox does make a duty belt attachment. Check their website out.
    04-21-10 04:45 PM
    I looked on the Otterbox website, and can't find anything for duty belts either. I bought an Impact case for my 8530 and just leave it the cargo pocket of my uniform pants.

There's a belt keeper out there that basically looks like two belt keepers attached in the middle by a 1.5" band of leather. The two keepers wrap around your duty and trouser belts, then offer the band to clip cell phones to. Check it out at Desanti's website.

I wish I had room on my belt for my phone. My 34" waist just doesn't leave much real estate.
    04-21-10 11:52 PM
    Nite Ize actually makes one just for the blackberry that I use on my duty belt. I wear Bianchi Accumold and it matches perfectly (the stitching). It also has the magnet for the sleep mode. I use it everyday! I bought mine at Bass Pro but you can find them on ebay or I guess Nite Ize website.
    04-22-10 04:37 PM
    Nite Ize Official Site

Here is the link for it. You can find them on ebay too. They are usually a little cheaper. I use mine with the defender sans the otterbox holster. It should work with the 9700 in the defender. I really like the hard part of the case and the sleep function.
    04-22-10 09:18 PM
    I too am an Officer. I have used several BlackBerry s and iPhone and for me mounting on my duty belt made it difficult at times to feel the vibration because loud rings were not always a good thing. I wear the 5.11 class B and tried a feather type of case and because it make it slim, I carried it in a breast pocket. Plus with the uniform being fitted. I could always feel Vibrations against the vest. additionally I never carried gear along my back and opted to leave it off the belt. Hitting walls and a good resisting arrest always affected my gear and pants more than my upper part of uniform

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-30-10 09:55 AM
    Otterbox makes a wider belt clip for 2-2.25" duty rigs. Costs around $10-$15. I'm lucky now: I just carry mine in an Otterbox commuter in my pocket. Course to do that I had to become the Accreditation Manager (Admin/Office Dude)!
    05-02-10 10:51 PM
    I know that otterbox does not offer the wider belt clip as of now. I know that they used to but discontinued it. I asked them in regard to this and I received a response that said that they had received several requests for the wider belt clips and it is possible that they may produce them again.
    05-02-10 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD