RANT WARNING!
    So, I get my new Pearl last month and start looking for accessories, need a tough case with belt clip and hear about the Otterbox, sounds great, too bad it's not out yet(at the time) sign up for the release notification (get it, great its out!) place my order on 28 Feb, happy as a clam, order says it will be shipped within two days, can't wait. Here I am on 15 March still waiting with no end in sight, checked the website order status, still says two days away, contact customer service, guys says "was backordered, it will be shipped the very next day, just got the restock today" great, happy as a clam again, still wait a week no case, open a customer service inquiry online and get a response saying technical problems, recalled, should be another 4 weeks before we get it straightened out. OK so here's my rant.... Why no notification from them saying backordered in the first place(I had to call to be told this lie) and then why no notification that the order is screwed because of quality concerns etc. (I had to open inquiry) I consider this shoddy customer service, am I crazy? Anybody else have this problem?
    03-15-08 09:37 AM
    Well actually, signed up for notification, received notification, ordered, promptly received, discovered mistake with the sleep magnet (see a couple other threads on the subject), received apologetic e-mail owning up to the mistake, sending new one when back in production without my asking. So, hopefully you're not crazy but I'd actually say very good customer service. Perhaps you are victim of very unfortunate timing?
    03-15-08 10:43 PM
    I have had nothing but great customer service with Otterbox. I have even called and talked to a human..lol..not a computer.

Like logan said, they are having a problem with the magnets in the holsters. I have a Otterbox for my 8130 and love it, but the magnet will not put it on standby. I have talked to them on the phone and they told me that they are aware of the problem.

However, even with a weak magnet...I love this case.
    03-16-08 06:32 PM
    I would love to love it but still don't have it
    03-17-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD