Got it in the mail today, took a bit to figure it out, but once it was on I have nothing but good things to say about it.
    It adds a bit of a "manly" look to a delicate phone, the buttons are accessible and well covered when necessary.
    I work in a rugged environment and now the phone is one less thing for me to have to think about.
    Best purchase I have made since the phone it's self.
    07-20-09 07:42 PM
    agreed....so far the best case ive bought also...and let me tell u it takes a BEATING !!!!!!
    07-20-09 08:32 PM
    Did you get the Defender or Impact skin?

I'm considering getting the Impact skin, but I'm afraid of the amount of bulk it will add on to the phone. The Defender skin seems like it would be such a hassle to remove if you needed to do a battery pull.
    07-20-09 08:42 PM
    Are you getting the echo effect that others have complained about?
    07-21-09 01:05 AM
    I bought the Defender, never considered having to do a battery pull.. Isn't there an app that allows you to do that through the menu now?
    No echo, I use Bluetooth most of the time, but even right from the phone I have had no issues, one day on the phone, 20 customers and lots of calls to/from the wife, so far so good.
    The added bulk is minimal, the phone feels much more secure in the hand than without the case, the inner cover is hard plastic, the outside skin is a smooth rubberized material, very nice to hold. The case is also very secure, they put some thought in to this case and holster.
    It is a very nice feeling not having to worry about the phone.
    07-21-09 01:00 PM
    i'm excited for mine to arrive today. i ordered the impact, cant wait. i'm very careful as i hold the new phone cuz it feels like one drop would break it easily lol
    07-21-09 01:36 PM
    I have a defender and could not be more pleased with it. Customer service with Otterbox is also the best I've seen in a long time.
    07-21-09 01:41 PM
    I got the defender a while back from tmoible for free besides the shipping. I work in a construction atmosphere and it is the best case i have ever seen.
    07-21-09 02:25 PM
    Isn't there an app that allows you to do that through the menu now?
    There's two that I know of.

No echo, I use Bluetooth most of the time, but even right from the phone I have had no issues, one day on the phone, 20 customers and lots of calls to/from the wife, so far so good.
    Did those who are having echo problems use the supplied felt pads around the mic hole? I used mine for quite a while and never had a single complaint about echo. I went ahead and used one of the felt rings anyway and still have no complaints. Tip: If you use a ring put it on the inside of the case instead of on the phone. Makes taking the phone out and putting in the case much easier IMO.
    07-21-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD