So I love this Otterbox.. for the most part.. it is a little bulky and I hate the water effect under the screen protector (thanks for the baby powder tip!) .. but this volume issue hearing people is driving me crazy.. I just can't seem to hear people well at all with this case.. Anyone with a tip/resolution?? Anyone else experiencing this issue?? Anyone want to buy a slightly used case? :P lol ...

Jeff
    04-28-09 09:17 AM
    I had the same issue on my storm.there was a little white screen/piece of paper there.I took it off,sounds normal now.
    05-01-09 05:26 PM
    You guys should call or email them. There is now a third version. They want to see a receipt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 05:53 PM
    You guys should call or email them. There is now a third version. They might want to see a receipt though.

05-01-09 05:58 PM
    I don't have it yet but they tell me it will fix the sound quality. She told me the new one has a separate screen protector that goes on first.

05-01-09 06:01 PM
    hey guys check this out. It helped me out with my Otterbox
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dus...f-case-217416/
    05-01-09 06:02 PM
    I actually stopped using my otterbox because of not being able to hear anything.
    05-01-09 07:34 PM
    You could always remove the paper between the plastic and your phone and just cut a small rubber washer and attach it around the hole so it would still seal the phone off from dust, but allow full access from the speaker and your ear. I remember seeing where some one else did this in another thread, but I can't find the dern thread.

When I am on the job and it's too loud to hear, I just use the speaker phone option. I love my Otterbox and I can hear through the normal handset hole no problem. I'm also only 21 years old though. (No age jokes intended)
    05-01-09 07:38 PM
    Just take the paper off...
    05-01-09 07:49 PM
    Second taking the paper off. Made a huge difference
    05-05-09 06:39 PM
    Dude there is currently no third gen otterbox I just spoke with them today. They are still working on it.

05-05-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD