I received this case 2 days ago and have been using it since then.

Ordered it from GoCellular.ca cell phone accessory shop | mobile phone, wireless & cellular accessories and paid $50.00 CAD for it. Placed order Thursday afternoon, it hit the post office Friday, and was delivered to me Wednesday.

It arrived in perfect condition, so no problems there.

You get a form fitted clear flexible plastic keyboard protector that fits perfectly. It has two wings on the side, and a tongue at the bottom. You lay the cover over the keyboard, fold the bottom tongue up to the backside of the phone, and secure it with the two wings.
    Next, you install the hard shell part of the case. This takes 5 seconds and fits perfectly.

Lastly, you install the rubber part of the case over the hard shell. Very simple.

TIP: The bottom of the rubber case has two little tabs on it that insert in to the hard shell. I didn�t notice these at first and was very disappointed in how crappy the bottom part fit. As soon as I pushed in the tabs it looked just like the pics on the website, perfect.

It has a screen protector and a camera lens and flash protector on the back. Pretty nifty.

You also get a holster with a magnetic insert to enable the in holster functions of the Berry. Its well made, has a rotating swivel / ratchet, and easily fits a 1� belt height. The holster is hard molded plastic and grips the phone VERY tightly on two rubber pads molded in to the case. You have to force it out by tilting it, almost like �snapping� it out. The phone goes in the holster same as a Berry belt holster, screen side in.

Now, a little background. I crawl under desks, run CAT5, climb in ceilings, maneuver around cramped server closets, etc, and Im not a small guy by any means. The phone has not fallen or been bumped out of the holster yet.

GENERAL:
    Fit and finish is excellent, I mean REALLY good. The sides are even, everything is centered, and it all fits. Otterbox goes out of their way to say it isn�t waterproof and I agree, but let me tell you, your phone has a better chance of surviving a waterblast or spray with this case than without. Simple as that.

WHAT I LIKE:
    The protection obviously, but most of my fellow drones who have Berries spotted it right away and had to paw it. All of them like it with a couple of negatives on the size (more later). The camera protection is really nice. Most of us put our phones down on the desk with the camera facing down so you can see the screen and this cover will protect that area very well in my opinion.
    The size. I come from an 8830WE and I loved that form factor. Its all subjective of course, but it felt like a �mans phone� to me, not some dainty thing.
    The Defender case on the 9700 makes it the same size as the 8830WE except thicker, but not by much. In fact, the Defender will FIT inside the 8830WE leather belt holster if you want, and in fact that was my plan, but the included holster is so good Im not going to bother.
    The holster. I am really impressed with it. The ratchet swivel is tight, it clips on the belt very nicely, and they included the magnet. I wasn�t expecting that. Very nice touch.

WHAT I DON�T LIKE:
    The rubber portion attracts airborne dust somewhat. Its not a deal breaker, but it exists. On the bright side it just blows off and doesn�t seem to �stick� to it.
    Throw your charging pod in a drawer. It has no hope of fitting. Ever.

CONCLUSION:
    I love the thing. Based on the quality of construction, etc, I expect to get 2 years out of this easily. I think the rubber tabs that the holster snaps on to may wear and be the first to go, or maybe the clear membrane over the keyboard may yellow, but I don�t know yet.

Don�t get me wrong on the form factor of the 9700 either. It really is a beautiful, sleek device, and I think I may take the Defender off on the weekends and go back to the leather holster (and charging pod) mainly because I like looking at the phone so much.

I like the case well enough that I just spent almost a hundred bucks ordering 2 more for my kids Curves. They both wanted the yellow and black model which looks neat.

When my camera batts charge up I can add pictures of all this for you if I am allowed to edit at a later date.
    01-29-10 07:41 PM
    Very nice review! I had an Otter on my second 9000, very high quality case.
    01-29-10 08:34 PM
    The rubber portion attracts airborne dust somewhat. Its not a deal breaker
    I have wiped it with a used dryer sheet. Seems to help but it does drive me a bit crazy.
    01-29-10 09:13 PM
    the only thing i dont like about the otterbox case is there is no side charging port access... other then that i love it, tho i dont use it anymore lol but it is nice

now i use the Seidio Innocase Surface 2 with the Seidio dock, soooo convenient
    01-29-10 09:44 PM
    I got one of those on mine too and love it. As for the comment about no side charging port access, it gives you access to all ports so not sure what you mean, I just pull the tab off the side and charge it. Maybe it was for a diff phone or something that you are talking about but the one for the 9700 gives all port access.

Also the holster I don't agree on, used it the first day and when I just sat down in my car it fell out onto the seat, so I'm not planning on ever using it again. Other than that and the same complaint about the dust attraction this thing is great!
    01-29-10 11:02 PM
    Mine just arrived after a few days I will ahve a good idea on what it is like.
    01-30-10 12:15 AM
    I got one of those on mine too and love it. As for the comment about no side charging port access, it gives you access to all ports so not sure what you mean, I just pull the tab off the side and charge it. Maybe it was for a diff phone or something that you are talking about but the one for the 9700 gives all port access.

Also the holster I don't agree on, used it the first day and when I just sat down in my car it fell out onto the seat, so I'm not planning on ever using it again. Other than that and the same complaint about the dust attraction this thing is great!
    take your otter box off, look on the sides at the very bottom of the phone... there are 2 (one on each side) small oval type metal contacts... thats what i'm talking about, its for charging in a desktop cradle... i didnt mean the ports like the USB port of anything like that lol

get what i'm talking about now?
    01-30-10 08:08 AM
    I have wiped it with a used dryer sheet. Seems to help but it does drive me a bit crazy.
    I think it has an undertow for dog hair as well.
    01-30-10 08:37 AM
    The protection of these cases are attractive but they are just so damn ugly! I can't get past that part of it or I would invest in one.
    01-30-10 10:16 AM
    I just got mine and so far I really like it, at first the size of it was disappointing, but its starting to grow on me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 10:25 PM
    i have the defender case as well and love it my phone is surely protected
    01-30-10 11:02 PM
    Hands down I love mines...I work in the food industry and I'm always cooking or in water or cleaning up. I have dropped my phone a few times it NEVER opened or split in pieces, and I have NO damage to the chrome part of my phone. Yeah it might be a eye sore BUT it's what on the inside that counts! Beauty is only skin deep lol sorry I had to throw that in there...

P.s I ONLY paid 30.00 with free shipping from Buy.com the best deal!
    01-31-10 12:57 AM
    i dont own a berry without one. the storm 1 defender case holster works well with the storm 2 defender otter shell. i love otterbox and will buy them no matter what
    01-31-10 01:03 AM
    take your otter box off, look on the sides at the very bottom of the phone... there are 2 (one on each side) small oval type metal contacts... thats what i'm talking about, its for charging in a desktop cradle... i didnt mean the ports like the USB port of anything like that lol

get what i'm talking about now?
    Oh ya I see what you mean lol, didn't know those were there, nice. Thx.
    01-31-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD