I just got my new Otterbox Defender case today and put it on my phone and I love it. Problem is it seems to have made my phone less responsive. For instance when the phone is "asleep" it take a few pushes of random buttons to wake it up. Even an incoming phone call requires pushing Answer 4 or 5 times. Once it is awake I have no problems pushing any other button or responsiveness. I can't figure out how a case would slow down my software but I'm really clueless as to why it is suddenly happening.

Anyone else experience this???
    08-26-09 09:00 PM
    I just got my new Otterbox Defender case today and put it on my phone and I love it. Problem is it seems to have made my phone less responsive. For instance when the phone is "asleep" it take a few pushes of random buttons to wake it up. Even an incoming phone call requires pushing Answer 4 or 5 times. Once it is awake I have no problems pushing any other button or responsiveness. I can't figure out how a case would slow down my software but I'm really clueless as to why it is suddenly happening.

Anyone else experience this???
    Yes the same thing happens with me. Like you I love the Defender case, but when I take my phone out of its holster I have to press the end call key (i.e red phone symbol) before the phone works properly. This may have something to do with the current OS rev (v4.7.1.40) which does not give sufficient priority to the keypad or convenience keys. Here's hoping that the upcoming 5.0 release addresses this.
    08-26-09 09:16 PM
    Ok well mine has not been in the holster yet just the case. But it seems my software issues are worse then I thought. It took me about 15 mins to get on here to post this. I have no themes (running) can't figure out how to delete the old one. I've been using quickpull lite for about a week. Something has made my tour very very slow and unresponsive. I could really use some help.
    08-26-09 09:58 PM
    You need to check your case and make sure that none of the buttons are being held in the down position by the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 10:30 PM
    Hit your menu key (to left of trackball) make sure your camara is not running. the only thing running should be phone/messenger/home/browser/messages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD