I have just received my otterbox and it is great! I was able to find the Defender series online for 25 dollars on amazon it is hands down the BEST CASE AVAIABLE! Just had to spread the good news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 11:45 PM
    Had one for my 8900 after about a month all the chrome off the corners of my BB were rubbed off and black :S, i suggest some invisable shield "north american" kind.

Personally my BB will never be put in a case again naked naked naked.
    04-04-10 12:24 AM
    Its ironic how many of the cases designed to protect your phone actually does more damage to the phone than protecting it, also decided to go "naked" before its too late.

04-04-10 05:20 AM
    I'm sorry but I think ima keep my otterbox or for least a week and see

04-04-10 08:23 AM
    Dont be sorry its a great case if you dont mind the bulkines and dont care that you cant use a charging dock,. it does protect the phone well against damage if you drop it, but it does scratch the phone inside and its a pain if you want to put it in bedside mode in your dock like i do.
    04-04-10 08:28 AM
    Mine lasted a week. Phone fell out about 2 or 3 times a day, then the clip broke. Junk. Moved on to Seido. Much better product. I will not buy Otterbox again.

04-04-10 08:29 AM
    Mine lasted a week. Phone fell out about 2 or 3 times a day, then the clip broke. Junk. Moved on to Seido. Much better product. I will not buy Otterbox again.

Yep i love the look of sedio and the ability to buy a dock that works with the case,.. now only if we could get them in Canada without paying $50 for shipping
    04-04-10 08:36 AM
    I never heard any of these bad reviews when I lookin even crackberry had it This week as a must have......let's hope mines doesn't give me problems I'd be soooooo let down

04-04-10 09:11 AM
    The defender for the 9000 was rock solid. The defender for the 9700 was not even close in design nor quality. Probably some weasel designer came up with a "great" new design without testing it. Just a thought. I will say this. Otterrbox lost me as a customer forever over that junk they put out.

04-04-10 09:39 AM
    I love my otterbox impact case. Basically just like a silicone case but much more thicker and protective. It doesn't mark up the phone like the defender otterbox case which is good!
    04-04-10 10:12 AM
    Otterbox Commuter case user here. Great case, and probably doesn't have the same issues as the defender since it has the silicon layer on the inside.

I'm assuming the defender is straight plastic to BB?

04-04-10 11:28 AM
    I love My OtterBox Defender!
    04-04-10 11:48 AM
    I'm goin to be real disappointed if mines does mess up!

04-04-10 12:10 PM
    otterbox commuter here...love it
    04-05-10 09:09 AM
    I use My Defender for work since I'm hard on My BB at work & My Impact for everything else (:

04-05-10 04:47 PM
    I have commuter case also and I can't imagine having anything else then an otter.
    04-05-10 05:04 PM
    In spite of a few dubious design points on the Defender for BB9700, it's still the best rugged case available.

A link to my review is in my sigline if you care to read it.

$25 is a great deal too; I paid $70 locally for mine.
    04-05-10 06:55 PM
    my otterbox defender has saved my phone from certain death many time and the phone still looks brand new, i've had it for 6 months.
    04-05-10 07:05 PM
    First time I have seen negative comments on the defender. Mine never falls out of the holster even when I bump it... No scratches or black marks anywhere. It is bulky but it actually makes it easier for me to hold that way. Granted I don't use a dock so not a problem for me either.

04-05-10 07:12 PM
    First time I have seen negative comments on the defender. Mine never falls out of the holster even when I bump it... No scratches or black marks anywhere. It is bulky but it actually makes it easier for me to hold that way. Granted I don't use a dock so not a problem for me either.

I feel the same way I was shocked when I heard how many folks where having a problem

04-05-10 08:51 PM
    heres a link on the forum to read about feedback of the case. http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/ott...edback-398172/

i was looking into getting it also but now im on the fence from reading these posts. im able to get it for $36 dont know if i should though.
    04-05-10 10:20 PM
    heres a link on the forum to read about feedback of the case. http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/ott...edback-398172/

i was looking into getting it also but now im on the fence from reading these posts. im able to get it for $36 dont know if i should though.
    You def should I have it and have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL its a great case and don't let these folks discourage you?

04-05-10 11:01 PM
    is there any other members that can supply some more feedback on it?
    04-06-10 07:55 PM
    I have 1 don't let them discourage you its great!!!

04-06-10 09:18 PM
    That case sucks. the phone falls out constantly. Mine fell out and i didn't hear it drop. Now I have to buy another phone. Thanks Otterbox I just love wasting $500
    06-16-10 12:06 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD