Haven't seen the 360. Didn't look cool on the site. I ended up ordering the innocase and haven't looked back. Got the holster too. The only way you're going to lose your phone out of the holster is if you're unlucky enough to have something snag the clip and literally open the holster. Easy to do when intended. Unlikely any other time. Their pre-cut screen protectors are also nice too. No bubbles or peeling and clear as gin so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 10:54 PM
    i passed on the defender series and just went with the commuter, so sleek and rugged at the same time.

as for the clip problem, im not surprised to hear that. i have the defender on my iphone 3gs and it always slips out regardless of how light a bump might be. even in acceleration if im just running across the street it loosens, pops, and flies out and does more damage then a normal drop. OB clips are a no go for me.

commuter case all the way for the 9700 as long as you dont mind not wearing it on your hip like a pistol. i know wearing a clip looks cool, but smashed phones dont look cool.
    01-05-10 01:46 AM
    You just convinced me to not buy the Defender. Thanks!
    01-05-10 07:23 AM
    Yes please. Are you saying the commuter case will work with a 9700 holster? Which holster.

Zack, can you tell me more about that pair you are running?
    01-06-10 12:13 PM
    I mean how hard are you bumping into things? I received it 2 days ago and I actually think it is TOO HARD to remove it from the case.
    I 2nd this, it is too hard to take this thing out of the clip.
    01-06-10 07:13 PM
    Otterbox is sending me a new case. They said mine may be defective, but seeing as some other people have reported having the same problem I do not have high expectations. I did heat the tabs on mine with a heat gun and push them in as suggested in this thread. That did help a bit and the berry is now harder to get out now.

I personally don't trust the design and feel those clips will weaken over time. I want a case that slides into a solid holster. This is my personal opinion of the case. If its working for others that is good news. It just fails to meet my expectations.
    01-06-10 09:16 PM
    As soon as I saw the pics of the 9700's Defender case I knew this would be the first BlackBerry I've had with out an OtterBox. It's too bad 'cause I love their cases and loved the holsters. The OtterBox for the 8900 was perfect. Built in screen/camera protector, optional keyboard cover, and the best damn holster ever! I've never had my Berry drop or get knocked out of an Otter holster but when I wanted it, two fingers and one thumb was all it took to get it. IMHO it was easier/faster to use and more secure than BB OEM holsters.

I won't be buying one until they revert back to the old holster design. So everybody write, email, and call in to get it changed back. Even if you don't plan on buying one help your fellow CB'ers out
    01-06-10 09:18 PM
    As soon as I saw the pics of the 9700's Defender case I knew this would be the first BlackBerry I've had with out an OtterBox. It's too bad 'cause I love their cases and loved the holsters. The OtterBox for the 8900 was perfect. Built in screen/camera protector, optional keyboard cover, and the best damn holster ever! I've never had my Berry drop or get knocked out of an Otter holster but when I wanted it, two fingers and one thumb was all it took to get it. IMHO it was easier/faster to use and more secure than BB OEM holsters.

I won't be buying one until they revert back to the old holster design. So everybody write, email, and call in to get it changed back. Even if you don't plan on buying one help your fellow CB'ers out
    I agree and have spoken directly with their production marketing dept. The more that want the old holster design the quicker they will go about making it.

01-06-10 10:41 PM
    I emailed them about my case also. They emailed back and said since this case was so new, they had no complaints. I emailed them back with a link to this page and told them I knew I was not the first one to complain. They are sending me a new case with the same response as mine may be defective. We will see how it goes. I have always liked their product on the Curve, but this holster is just horrible. We all need to continue to complain until they redesign the holster.
    01-08-10 08:41 AM
    Had this problem with iphone and found that heating the side clips up with a hair dryer or heat gun and bending them in a little will solve this problem. Hope it helps
    01-08-10 09:59 AM
    wtf why doesnt the new otterbox have a keyboard cover? why is it so lame

i want to order one for my 9700 and one for my wifes 9700 we have inocase 360s that blow the keyboard is already trashed on mine adn hers is wearing out in less than 2 weeks and we dotn text or email all that much.
    01-10-10 04:30 PM
    Yes please. Are you saying the commuter case will work with a 9700 holster? Which holster.
    No, the commuter case for the 9700 will fit the holster for the 9000.
    01-10-10 09:00 PM
    I got a new holstet and its much tighter. Much better but regardless my suggestion is to have the 9000 style holster as it provides more protection. this one will not protect the phone from snag issues and phone popping out. but shaking smaking. And running I cannot get phone to fall out.

01-10-10 10:23 PM
    Commuter baby! Such a perfect case

01-10-10 11:08 PM
    Just sent OtterBox an email in regards to my new Defender case not holding my 9700 securely. The replied right away asking I had my 9700 mounted in the holster with the display facing inside. Indeed I replied, and no response from them since...?
    01-11-10 06:45 PM
    I've been using this case/holster for about a week and have had none of the issues with holster listed. I put the holster on my right hip rotated 90 degrees so that the top of the phone point toward the my front. It only comes out when I take it out and goes in and out with expected force. The only issue I have with this case is outer rubber is a magnet for lint, dust and other such detritus. I'd rate it 4/5.
    01-12-10 07:53 AM
    I found this on the net
    The OtterBox Defender Series for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 series offers rugged protection for your Smartphone. The Defender Series case will keep your BlackBerry Bold 9700 protected from drops, bumps, dust and shock. All features, keys and ports are accessible through the case, providing you with a unique, interactive safeguard. It Provides three Layers of protection, Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane. Protects keypad against scratching, as well as dust intrusion. Layer 2 : Hi-impact polycarbonate shell for an added guard against drops and shocks. Layer 3: High quality silicone skin to absorb bump and shock. You can have full access of all keys, ports and function without removing the case from your BlackBerry Bold 9700.

maybe ill buy one after all
    01-13-10 04:26 PM
    Well, after trying two cases I am getting rid of my Otterbox defender case. It just get looser and looser over time.

Piece of crap to say the least.

Has anyone found the ultimate holster style unit for this device?

Thinking about trying the commuter 9700 case with a 9000 Holster. I have heard that works. Not sure how good.
    03-29-10 08:14 AM
    Well, after trying two cases I am getting rid of my Otterbox defender case. It just get looser and looser over time.

Piece of crap to say the least.

Has anyone found the ultimate holster style unit for this device?

Thinking about trying the commuter 9700 case with a 9000 Holster. I have heard that works. Not sure how good.
    I too gave up on the defender and now I am using the commuter for the 9700 and my OEM case that came with my 9700. It was a tight fit at first, but it works great now. I sure wish they would redesign the defender though. HEY OTTERBOX.......YOU LISTENING??? You listened to IPHONE!!
    03-29-10 10:18 AM
    In my review of this case, compared to the Defender for the 8310 I just upgraded, I note that this is a weak point in the design.

The old style holster gripped the unit much tighter, to the point that it was sometimes troublesome to remove; a GOOD thing in the intended environment for this product.

I haven't had a problem - yet - but time will tell. I have one of those 'manly jobs' mentioned earlier, where I move heavy dirty things, cut lumber, etc.

That said, I only use the holster about half the time; my BB just rides around in one of the pockets on my tool belt the remainder.
    04-03-10 11:33 AM
    what do u guys suggest for a holster design now. was thinking of getting the defender but since i read all the reviews i'll pass. i was looking at seidio first but there prices are insane and their CS is weak from what i've read
    04-05-10 04:55 PM
    After a few days of working with my new unit, I haven't had any trouble with it popping out of the holster. That's only a few days though...
    04-05-10 06:27 PM
    Sounds like Otterbox had a faulty design which is too bad because their products are pretty good.

Regarding motorcycle riding, I almost lost my Pearl once in its Otterbox case, my motorcycle jacket catches on the phone pulling it right out of the holster.
    04-13-10 01:44 AM
    No, the commuter case for the 9700 will fit the holster for the 9000.

will the 9000 case fit the defender?
    06-09-10 02:22 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD