im thinking about getting one, but i keep finding mixed reviews on it

i will be using it for my profession as an firefighter/emt specifically..

if not the otterbox, what other options do i have?

i currently use a OEM curve 8300 leather holster

what is everyones opinions?
    11-04-09 10:58 AM
    I have the Otterbox defender for the storm. It has been great working as an EMT and also for hiking/camping. Im not worried anymore about my phone flying across the ambulance. Still working perfectly without a scratch.

Im not using it too much any more since I am in PA school (Physician Assistant). I plan on using it as a PA in the ER and office to keep from getting nasty pt fluids and bacteria/viruses on it.
    Last edited by Yenkomuscle; 11-04-09 at 11:07 AM.
    11-04-09 11:03 AM
    I love my defender case. My phone takes a beating kinda like the post above. Two thumbs up for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 11:08 AM
    thanks!

i tend to drop my phone a lot and sorta throw it into the ambo when exiting for a call...so im def looking for some protection
    11-04-09 11:37 AM
    Yea.. Its pretty good being thrown around. It also does a good job at staying on your belt even if you get it caught on some Lifepak Cords (Speaking from experience) or a door etc..
    11-04-09 11:41 AM
    You can search for my name and I posted a review of the OtterBox Defender on the Tour. It's got videos and everything. Search for all posts started by my name, Grafixx01
    11-04-09 11:48 AM
    awesome... thanks!
    11-04-09 12:03 PM
    Been using one on my Storm for about 6 months. The protective cover makes typing on the screen a little bit more difficult, but the protection provided by the hard plastic/outer skin and the ability to use a belt holster far outweigh any typing issues.

One recommendation, make sure to install Battery Pull. Removing the OtterBox case can be a bit time consuming if you have to pull the battery.
    11-04-09 01:00 PM
    another proud Otterbox defender owner here! Last week while leaving my local courthouse, i dropped my phone on the concrete and it tumbled down all 20+ steps unharmed It does however add considerable bulk and will hide the beauty of your phone. I got mine from VZW for $30 with free next day shipping...
    11-04-09 01:52 PM
    I've got one. It's a bit bulky for everyday use but I throw my Storm in it when I go snowboarding and it holds up extremely well. Super rugged case.
    11-04-09 02:42 PM
    im not too worried about bulk
    11-04-09 03:34 PM
    awesome, i just realized i can get the deal from verizon, 30 bucks + free overnight with my company discount! sweeeeeeet

otterbox defender it is!

thanks everyone
    11-04-09 03:44 PM
    It's great. I use mine for the 8900 Curve when I'm out hill walking (I live in Scotland and it rains all the time). I can either have it in my pocket or in the pack but it's robust and worth the purchase. Go for it.
    11-04-09 03:45 PM
    another vote for awesome case. I've had mine on my storm for about 6 months and live it. As far as bulk is concerned...I actually like the bit of size it adds. Makes it easier to hold for mee. Just my opinion though and your mileage my vary. I recommend it highly.

11-04-09 03:48 PM
    Awesome. Thanks. Ill be sure to pick one up Friday

11-04-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD