Hi I was wondering if anyone knows about a modification to Otterbox's Defender Case for the Curve? From the research I have done on the internet, it seems as if there are two types of Defender Cases circulating for the Curve, one with the clear plastic membrane that covers the screen "built-in" to the black or yellow plastic housing the Curve fits in. The keyboard has a separate membrane that fits over it and is removable by the end-user if they choose. The other type, a clear membrane that fits over the entire device before fitting into that black or yellow housing.

Again, this is what I seem to gather from the research I have done on my own, including viewing video reviews people have given on the Otterbox for the Curve.

I just don't know if I have this all correct, or if there is really only one version of the Otterbox released for the Curve.

Thank you very much, in advance, for everyone's help!
    02-13-09 11:33 AM
    Your talking about the case for the 8350. It has the screen cover built in. The one for the 8310/20/30 has the membrane.
    02-13-09 03:54 PM
    OK, I see the difference now. I couldn't understand what I was missing. Thank you, borockster, for pointing that out for me!
    02-13-09 06:59 PM
    No problem. I wish they were all like the 8350. I never can get all the bubbles out of the dang screen cover on my 8310.
    02-13-09 08:30 PM
    I hear you about the bubbles they are a pain but hands down I would want nothing else covering my bb
    02-13-09 08:35 PM
    I hear you about the bubbles they are a pain but hands down I would want nothing else covering my bb
    I have the best of both worlds, cut out the membrane over the screen and replace it with a Best Skins Ever
    02-13-09 08:44 PM
    Damn straight! It's no doubt a little bulky but well worth it.
    02-14-09 05:51 AM
    I have the best of both worlds, cut out the membrane over the screen and replace it with a Best Skins Ever
    So how easy is it to cut out the membrane and can you do it without it looking like hack job?
    Cant you just leave off the membrane completely and use the best skins?

I watched a couple of youtube vids, and it looks like the membrane lays over the front of the phone and then just folds over the back.

I was thinking of just using a screen protector or the Best Skin and hopefully eliminate the camera issues most reviews mention with the Otterbox membrane.
    03-26-09 10:39 PM
    So how easy is it to cut out the membrane and can you do it without it looking like hack job?
    Cant you just leave off the membrane completely and use the best skins?

I watched a couple of youtube vids, and it looks like the membrane lays over the front of the phone and then just folds over the back.

I was thinking of just using a screen protector or the Best Skin and hopefully eliminate the camera issues most reviews mention with the Otterbox membrane.
    I just slapped a BSE on my Curve (front and back), and then put the Otterbox over top it, and it's near-perfect protection ... it doesn't protect the keyboard, but I don't need it ... fits very snug though ...
    03-27-09 12:34 AM
    If your having such a hard time with bubbles while trying to install the screen protector then you aren't following the instructions that came with the case.

You need to get a glass of water and put a single drop of dish soap in the glass. Then use your finger and put a VERY small amount on the membrane. Then when you put it on leave it to sit for a couple hours not touching it.

If you follow that you should absolutly no problem putting the membrane on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD