I see this thread is a lot more active so that is why I'm posting this here.

Now I ordered my BB Storm last night and now I need an AWESOME case. I saw the Otterbox Defender but saw reviews on how bulky and stuff it is. But I love how it's protection all the way around (including a clear plastic membrane). Now question, this Commuter case is less bulky and made to be better but does it still have the clear plastic membrane for the screen or am I going to have to buy those clear films that you put on? and does it have the clear film to protect the camera on back?
    09-19-09 09:48 AM
    It comes with a plastic film to apply to the screen. I don't know about the opening for the camera though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:41 AM
    I see this thread is a lot more active so that is why I'm posting this here.

Now I ordered my BB Storm last night and now I need an AWESOME case. I saw the Otterbox Defender but saw reviews on how bulky and stuff it is. But I love how it's protection all the way around (including a clear plastic membrane). Now question, this Commuter case is less bulky and made to be better but does it still have the clear plastic membrane for the screen or am I going to have to buy those clear films that you put on? and does it have the clear film to protect the camera on back?
    the commuter is ok but but the thing with it is that it does not come with a holster and it will not give you quite the amount of protection that the defender will.
    it is all preference..
    do you want a holster?
    how much protection you need?
    both great cases but depends on your personal needs
    whichever one you need will be a great case
    i personally use the defender and i love it, the bulk isnt an issue for me
    i actually like how the phone feels a bit bigger cause i own a bold as well
    09-19-09 10:47 AM
    I'm just so lost when it comes to cases. I want a nice light one that covers a lot of the phone. But also don't want problems covering stuff that shouldn't be covered like the charge area or the speaker and stuff like that.
    09-19-09 10:59 AM
    I have the Commuter, and I absolutely love it...except for one thing: the screen protector that came with it doesn't want to stay on after only a week. :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 11:09 AM
    09-19-09 11:10 AM
    I have the commuter case as well and absolutely love it! The screen protector it comes with isn't the best but hey it was included. the case is perfect for protection. The camera is not obstructed at all and is recessed into the case to help protect it from scratches. The speaker is also unobstructed. I HIGHLY recommend this case if you are not partial to it not having a holster.
    09-20-09 12:25 PM
    I have the Defender case and have to say that it was bulky at first, but after you drop your phone a few times you will be sooooo glad you bought it. And it has a holster, this is a big plus for me.
    09-20-09 01:23 PM
    Now i have the defender and it was bulky but i want the screen protection not from scratches but to keep dust out. Does the commuter offer protection around the edge of the screen to keep dust out?
    10-23-09 01:14 PM
    I had a Seidio case and holster prior to the launch of the Commuter case. I was prepared to give up the ability to use a holster in exchange for the added protection of the OtterBox case but when the new case arrived I was happy to see that the Seidio case fits.

The fit isn't perfect but the phone is secure. The low-profile of the holster makes it easy to carry on the belt.

I hope this helps.
    10-23-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD